This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other cant connect
I have try everything. Portfowarding, static IP... etc... Can someone with the Linksys E1000 can go with me step by step, because I am getting frustrated here...

Thanks in advance...

Grosnounou
(01-20-2012, 03:04 PM)Grosnounou link Wrote: I have try everything. Portfowarding, static IP... etc... Can someone with the Linksys E1000 can go with me step by step, because I am getting frustrated here...

Thanks in advance...

Grosnounou

Have you tried having them host? Smile
If you've got the port forwarded properly (you're sure you're running the server on the same port that you forwarded and you're sure you forwarded to the correct LAN IP) then you may have a firewall issue on your actual machine. Remember, you need to open the port in the firewall as well.
Try this:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/p...0index.htm

You can click on any of those games because the only difference is the number of the port they forward, I believe. You just want to forward 2346 unless you changed that.
(01-20-2012, 10:31 PM)Taharqa link Wrote: Try this:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/p...0index.htm

You can click on any of those games because the only difference is the number of the port they forward, I believe. You just want to forward 2346 unless you changed that.

When I do those, I always use a MechWarrior game Big Grin
Yeah I tried that, and nothing happen... I have try to connect to other too and nothing more... I even try it with another router, ASUS one and still no connection...

I gave them my external IP and Internal Machine IP to try to connect too and still nothing.
Also when I do a port scan, it say that my port is still closed, even if it fowarded on my router.
(01-23-2012, 10:48 AM)Grosnounou link Wrote: Also when I do a port scan, it say that my port is still closed, even if it fowarded on my router.

Again, make sure you open a port in your firewall on your computer.
Oh, and also, who is your ISP? Some ISPs block ports. You can try port 33990 and see if you can get it to work with that. Most ISPs don't block ports above 20000, so you should be safe with higher port numbers.
Yeah I did that, I have open the port in Window 7 firewall... I even change the port you propose me, and without success. I will call my ISP and see if they block those port... Funny thing though is that I can connect to Megameknet campaign without any problem....
I can even host there if I do the port fowarding...
I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, so please don't take any offense, but just to be sure, are all of you using the same version of MegaMek? The first time I tried playing with one of my friends, he downloaded the latest *stable* version, while I had the latest *development* version. Of course, I didn't know that he didn't download the same one. As a result, he couldn't connect to my games. To be more precise, he would connect for a fraction of a second, and then get kicked out immediately. It took us several minutes before I finally asked him what version he downloaded. Big Grin

So, make sure you're both running the same version!
I had a problem with port forwarding once. The solution was this:

Port forwarded the windows firewall, then had to port forward the wireless router, then had to port forward the DSL modem. From there the signal goes into the wall (telephone jack). I had to port forward all three ports.

I used http://www.whatsmyip.org/ to get my IP and scan the ports. Hope that helps at least a little. Smile
Crasy S : We have both the same version...

Xenon: How do you portfoward your DLS modem? Call your ISP?
(01-23-2012, 05:19 PM)Grosnounou link Wrote: Crasy S : We have both the same version...

Xenon: How do you portfoward your DLS modem? Call your ISP?

Really depends on the modem. With mine (a standard AT&T modified 2WIRE DSL Modem) it works just like a router. I just log into it with its IP (10.10.1.1 on mine, because I've modified it not to use the 192.168.1.x that it came with) and modify settings.

This does usually require that you be connected directly to the modem, not through another router. However, if you're able to hose for MegaMekNET games, you really shouldn't be having these troubles.
Yeah, not sure how to do that... I will have to look on the internet....
Well I first logged into my wireless router, whose address is the default gateway from ipconfig in the command prompt (windows by the way) [use cmd in run to get command prompt]. I then logged into my wireless router and noticed it had a ip from the DSL modem, which apparently works just like a router in my case, even had its own firewall. So then I logged into the DSL modem the same way I did my wireless modem and enabled port forwarding on it, too.

Oh and don't feel bad about not getting it to work. I had a friend who is does tech support for computers (runs Linux, Open BSD, and servers all the time) and he couldn't even get it to work until we realized the DSL modem was a router, too. But stick in there. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Connect to Game" window bugged TheVenge 4 271 08-02-2020, 07:41 PM
Last Post: TheVenge
  Other players cannot connect to me Hakkonen 1 224 05-23-2020, 08:13 PM
Last Post: rjhancock
  Other people can't connect to your server? Read here. BeeRockxs 26 14,546 06-24-2018, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Hammer
  Not letting my connect when i start game theskullking 3 1,458 09-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: theskullking
  Error, could not connect to server bento 1 1,404 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Last Post: ralgith
  Can't Connect Online Sandstorm 2 2,623 02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Taharqa