Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't load/save your campaign?
Funny thing.

On my XP machine the campaign is working fine. I save ALL as my campaign.pnx (same as the mul file). It saves and opens, no issues at all.

On my Linux side of the computer, I was able to save the campaign after setting everything up and playing a battle, doing the repairs, blah blah. But when I when I went back to play it another time, I could not open it.

HOWEVER, if I save the campaign as it shows up, my campaigndatexxxx. it works just fine.  I am okay with that. Question I have is, can I delete those older dates once many start showing up in the 'choices' or will it affect something else?

Thanx
(09-16-2012, 11:54 AM)vettie link Wrote: Funny thing.

On my XP machine the campaign is working fine. I save ALL as my campaign.pnx (same as the mul file). It saves and opens, no issues at all.

On my Linux side of the computer, I was able to save the campaign after setting everything up and playing a battle, doing the repairs, blah blah. But when I when I went back to play it another time, I could not open it.

HOWEVER, if I save the campaign as it shows up, my campaigndatexxxx. it works just fine.  I am okay with that. Question I have is, can I delete those older dates once many start showing up in the 'choices' or will it affect something else?

Thanx

Yes you can delete older saves, however that isn't your issue with why it wont open. The date in the filename has nothing to do with it. Try and open the broken save again, and then post the MekHQ log file here.
ok here is the MekHq log txt file of the campaign I can not open

loading mekhq properties from mmconf/mekhq.properties
Starting load of faction data from XML...
Loaded a total of 125 factions
Starting load of planetary data from XML...
Loaded a total of 2546 planets

Reading unit files:
  Reading from unit cache file...
  Looking in data/mechfiles...
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/Jumpships.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/Infantry.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in data/mechfiles/customs...
  Looking in data/mechfiles/customs/Blue Lightning...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/protomechs.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/Warship.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/SmallCraft.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/vehicles.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/ConvFighter.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/Fighters.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in data/mechfiles/ge...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/battlearmor.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/Dropship.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/unofficial.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/mechs.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  Looking in zip file data/mechfiles/SpaceStation.zip...
  ...loaded 0 files.
  ...loaded 0 files.
5796 units loaded.
Loading more unit images from localserver_mechset.txt...
Loading more unit images from localclient_mechset.txt...
... finished localclient_mechset.txt.
... finished localserver_mechset.txt.
Loading campaign file from XML...
Starting load of campaign file from XML...
[Fatal Error] :1015:36: The reference to entity "C" must end with the ';' delimiter.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1015; columnNumber: 36; The reference to entity "C" must end with the ';' delimiter.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1015; columnNumber: 36; The reference to entity "C" must end with the ';' delimiter.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:253)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:288)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:121)
at mekhq.campaign.Campaign.createCampaignFromXMLFileInputStream(Campaign.java:1824)
at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:149)
at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:101)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:291)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:330)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at mekhq.campaign.Campaign.createCampaignFromXMLFileInputStream(Campaign.java:1829)
at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:149)
at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:101)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:291)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:330)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
Looks like a malformed save file all right. This would have nothing to do with the missing date, and is simply a corruption somewhere when saving. Possibly due to not escaping some special characters correctly. Try using my custom SVN build. Also try avoiding things like &, ;, and other such characters in the filename.
I am using 0.0.17  from this link

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.ph...#msg452108

I simply save the file as "Vetties Victors" without the quotes.

(09-17-2012, 10:56 AM)vettie link Wrote: I am using 0.0.17  from this link

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.ph...#msg452108

I simply save the file as "Vetties Victors" without the quotes.

Get it from here instead.
Er, ignore my last post. I didn't realize Ralgith had posted that same thread over on the other boards  Wink

Edit: Although that post seems to be gone now, so maybe someone already deleted it  ???
I'm just copying the 0.1.18 files to my MekHQ directory and get an NPE as well. 0.1.17 could open them yesterday, and I tried them again today.

0.1.17 has no NPE, and custom units are not an issue.

Not having experience with this, the relevant part of the log for 0.1.17 open is below:

Returning Entity [Zeus ZEU-6T, -1] from getEntityFromXmlString(String)...
Adding unit: (5c8be349-6b07-4133-9989-4ecf7412b84f):mekhq.campaign.Unit@13dd4ea
Executing getEntityFromXmlString(Node)...
Executing getEntityFromXmlString(String)...
Returning Entity [Nephilim Assault Battle Armor (Support), -1] from getEntityFromXmlString(String)...
Adding unit: (55520107-331c-4410-bec1-af81c18db248):mekhq.campaign.Unit@1b3bd0d

0.1.18 returns the below from the same point:

Returning Entity [Zeus ZEU-6T, -1] from getEntityFromXmlString(String)...
Adding unit: (5c8be349-6b07-4133-9989-4ecf7412b84f):mekhq.campaign.Unit@4c1c97
at megamek.common.XMLStreamParser.recordElementStart(XMLStreamParser.java:1661)
at gd.xml.XMLParser.readTag(XMLParser.java:704)
at gd.xml.XMLParser.readDocument(XMLParser.java:813)
at gd.xml.XMLParser.parseXML(XMLParser.java:82)
at megamek.common.XMLStreamParser.parse(XMLStreamParser.java:310)
at megamek.common.XMLStreamParser.<init>(XMLStreamParser.java:325)
at mekhq.campaign.MekHqXmlUtil.getEntityFromXmlString(MekHqXmlUtil.java:733)
at mekhq.campaign.MekHqXmlUtil.getEntityFromXmlString(MekHqXmlUtil.java:724)
at mekhq.campaign.Unit.generateInstanceFromXML(Unit.java:1126)
at mekhq.campaign.Campaign.processUnitNodes(Campaign.java:2565)
at mekhq.campaign.Campaign.createCampaignFromXMLFileInputStream(Campaign.java:1934)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
at mekhq.campaign.Unit.generateInstanceFromXML(Unit.java:1144)
at mekhq.campaign.Campaign.processUnitNodes(Campaign.java:2565)
at mekhq.campaign.Campaign.createCampaignFromXMLFileInputStream(Campaign.java:1934)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

I hope this helps...
It isn't really suggested to copy over the previous folder when there is a new release. Try a clean install and then move over any customs, etc and try. That may not fix it but it is a start.
Thanks for the response.

Installed 0.1.18 to a new directory, copied my data and campaign file over and had the same NPE reported earlier. It's what I get for using clan WOB tech, I suppose...

Worst case, I could still use 0.1.16 or 0.1.17 to edit the campaign.

dont forget custom mechs if you had .17 it had mechs in there that I did not know was there from other users 
As far as I can tell, the issue is resulting from an unmodified and boring 6T Zeus or the how-the-he**-do-I customize Support Nephelim BAs.

I decided to test this by making 2 new campaigns from that NPE one. One with all Zeusians sold, and one with all Nephilims banished.

It was not the Steiner scout, but the as-far-as-I-know-unmodified-by-me Nephilim (Support) BAs. Removing the Toaster Worshipers allowed 0.1.18 to run. Buying a new one in it's place did not cause another NPE after saving and loading.

I did not realize that BA could be customized... or something. Could it have been by modifying quirks?

Thank you for the help anyway!
There is a bug with BA in both 0.1.17 and 0.1.18. I would strongly recommend going back to 0.1.16 as campaigns with BA from 0.1.17 or 0.1.18 will likely not load in 0.1.19.
campaign loaded great yesterday did not add any new dropships...today the campaign would not even boot up said that my overlord 2762  monarch vampire and truimph 2593 was not in custom file  but they are in the file.  What do I need to do to correct this.
It sounds like the exact issue that's been discussed quite a bit for 0.1.20. Delete your units.cache file and try again.
(11-04-2012, 08:20 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote: It sounds like the exact issue that's been discussed quite a bit for 0.1.20. Delete your units.cache file and try again.

Similar thing happened  to me and I tried this with great success.  It was odd.  Saved earlier today couple times.  Restarted couple times today.  Then  poof said all of my "custom" standard mechs (99% of my mechs are standards) could not be loaded.

If you want me to I could post the log and attach the cache file (saved the old bad one on my desktop prior to deleting it).
(01-01-2013, 03:36 PM)Gardengnome link Wrote: [quote author=Jayof9s link=topic=668.msg6447#msg6447 date=1352074813]
It sounds like the exact issue that's been discussed quite a bit for 0.1.20. Delete your units.cache file and try again.

Similar thing happened  to me and I tried this with great success.  It was odd.  Saved earlier today couple times.  Restarted couple times today.  Then  poof said all of my "custom" standard mechs (99% of my mechs are standards) could not be loaded.

If you want me to I could post the log and attach the cache file (saved the old bad one on my desktop prior to deleting it).
[/quote]

I believe someone has already posted a bug report with the log file for it. I can't recall if it has been fixed in the SVN but the info needed to solve it should already be there.  Wink
(01-01-2013, 04:41 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote: I believe someone has already posted a bug report with the log file for it. I can't recall if it has been fixed in the SVN but the info needed to solve it should already be there.  Wink

IIRC it hasn't been fixed yet, but it is posted on both projects Wink
(01-01-2013, 04:41 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote: [quote author=Gardengnome link=topic=668.msg6746#msg6746 date=1357068988]
[quote author=Jayof9s link=topic=668.msg6447#msg6447 date=1352074813]

[/quote]

I believe someone has already posted a bug report with the log file for it. I can't recall if it has been fixed in the SVN but the info needed to solve it should already be there.  Wink
[/quote]
Gotcha always looking to help.  Plus used to be in software QA many years ago.  Somethings you never unlearn =D
Has anyone experienced the units.cache bug who uses MULs to run games, as opposed to running MegaMek directly from within MekHQ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  campaign won't load after deleting a vehicle (GM mode) Cik 6 1,122 11-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Cik
  Cannot load campaign, if there is no doctor? luiges90 2 729 02-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: ralgith
  Advice about the "error to load/save" Vashnevskaya 0 624 04-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Vashnevskaya
  Option to load a savegame and load Princess instead of TestBot? Vashnevskaya 4 1,730 03-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Netzilla
  Help Please my campaign suddenly won't load waylander 2 967 02-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Netzilla
  Unable to Load Saved Campaign T.S. Hawk 10 2,210 01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Last Post: T.S. Hawk
  Cannot load campaign T.S. Hawk 2 1,123 12-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Taharqa
  Unable to load campaign with v0.1.10 DaddyHolby 14 3,076 12-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Last Post: DaddyHolby
  Unable to save campaign in v0.1.10 Mukaikubo 7 1,848 12-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Mukaikubo
  Now I'm getting an NPE when trying to load my campaign from xml. ralgith 1 934 09-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ralgith