Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluff section in the unit selection
I just saw screenshots on the main site, and fluff section is completely awesome. Are there fluff pictures to download somewhere? Or is it completely custom?
Sorry, if the answer for my question is obvious, i just want to know.
Also, my sincere thanks to the creators of Megamek. For me it is the only way to play Battletech.
You can get unit pictures from sarna.net, but you will have to rename them so megamek can recognize them and assign them to the correct units. You will get better images by buying the unabridged Record Sheet series from Battlecorps, making screenshots of the Record Sheets and copying/saving the unit images from there. That's how I do it, at least.

In addition, you will find very good unit images coming with the Heavy Metal products. But only for older units.

For copyright reasons, we do not include those pictures into MM (and for size reasons, too. My personal unit image folder takes up over 100MB)
Thank you very much.
One more question.
I got an image of Annihilator, for example. Renamed it correctly. Created 'fluff' folder in ''images''. But alas, no picture in the game. What war wrong?
You shouldn't need to create the folder. Are you using the current development release? This feature is not included in the stable release.
Hey guys.. I would like to add Fluff images for all standard chassis, but I haven't seen any information yet on how you actually link the image to the mech. I'm pretty fluent so far in modding just about everything in MM but haven't been able to figure out yet how to point to the image. Is similar to the mechset.txt or is it an entry I have to add to the .mtf's or some other thing yet thought of?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Remove Edit... Didn't work...

Anyone got the solution?
there is a folder data/images/fluff.
Just put the images where they belong in there and give them either the name of the unit's chassis (for example Atlas.jpg) if you want it to show for all variants of this unit, or of one it's variants if you want it to show only for this variant (Atlas AS7-D.jpg)
So the name that is in the second line of the .mtf file? Thanks. Will give this a try.
I've been using the images from Mechground.com. I'm not sure of the site's legality though because it gives game stats in addition to fluff info.
I dropped some .jpg pictures, named by Mech, into the folder mentioned above but nothing shows up? Does this not work on the Mac or some such? ???

Opps! Never mind. I'm an idiot.
I was expecting to see the pictures on the unit selection screen.
Didn't realize it was for already selected units. Tongue
You can see it on the unit selection window too, you just have to resize it.
(07-10-2011, 11:19 AM)Taharqa link Wrote: You can see it on the unit selection window too, you just have to resize it.

Oh hey! There he is hiding off past the edge of the window.
I think I may need smaller pictures. Big Grin
Is there any chance of adding an extra tab to the Mek Display window which just shows the fluff image?

It would be totally sweet to be able to view the images during a game...
(07-30-2011, 04:59 AM)Archon link Wrote: Is there any chance of adding an extra tab to the Mek Display window which just shows the fluff image?

It would be totally sweet to be able to view the images during a game...

I suppose, but not sure fluff is worth an extra tab, considering that 95% of people won't have the fluff images.
True. I was thnking the tab could only show if it detected a fluff image for that unit.

I downloaded the source and had a brief play at trying to add this myself, MechDisplay.java looked to be what I'd need to change but I couldn't even get another copy of an existing tab to show. Must be something elsewhere that needs to be changed as well. I don't suppose there's some docs somewhere that go over how everything works from a high level perspective, showing the main classes, etc?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fluff images. Azura 3 504 06-13-2018, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Hammer
  Understanding Princess/Bot Target Selection SirMegaV 16 3,406 02-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Last Post: ErikModi