Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombs/arrowIV missiles in mekhq/megamek
Hello again all, two questions here, one immediately for MekHQ, the other more for megamek but sinc ethey go hand in hand figured i would ask here. im guessing even though you can buy the bombs for aircraft in mekhq there is no way to actually fit them to the fighter in mekhq and have it track expenditures correct? or do i basically have to set the loadout at the start of the mission each time and manually keep track of expenditures?

also... are bombs actually even working? i can drop the cluster and it shows the rolls for it, but when i drop the HE it never shows anything, doesn't show a roll at the end to see if it missed or hit (and yes i'm doing the drops right, else cluster wouldnt show up... just right click target ground hex, then choose dive bomb (i dont altitude untill carpet bombing comes in) then right click hex again and choose weapon, then select the number of bombs and fire)

the other question i have.. the aerospace arrowIV missiles, i can get them to load onto hard points but can not figure out how to fire them... i've got the AS (anti-ship) missile to show upĀ  and can fire it, but i can not find how to fire the Arrow.. does it not work or am i missing something...

so basically right now it seems only cluster bombs work, cant get HE or inferno to work, thats the only other two i've tried... they "act" like they will work but never show the rolls or hit/miss... or even that it was dropped... and i cant figure out how ArrowIV works, though AS missiles work....

any help here? am i over looking something? is this feature confirmed not 100% added? or is this a bug i should report?

thanks all
(04-26-2012, 09:53 PM)shadowmantis link Wrote: Hello again all, two questions here, one immediately for MekHQ, the other more for megamek but sinc ethey go hand in hand figured i would ask here. im guessing even though you can buy the bombs for aircraft in mekhq there is no way to actually fit them to the fighter in mekhq and have it track expenditures correct? or do i basically have to set the loadout at the start of the mission each time and manually keep track of expenditures?

I can't answer the rest, but this should be available in the next release.
Weird... HE and inferno bombs work fine for me, using them the same way as cluster bombs.

Rockets work, too - they are simply additional one-shot direct fire weapons you use by targeting the enemy unit directly. And they work against aerial targets, too...
hmm so whenever you drop an HE it does show the rolls and shows whether or not they hit or miss? any text files or anything i could post for bug tracking? haven't tried the rockets though but i'll give them a shot too...

its strange, only AS missiles Inferno and cluster works for me lol.... just got a lucky one shot kill lastnight with an AS missile to a mech lol... was shooting it just to test if it worked and the dude actually rolled the needed 12 and CT crited it lol
If you want to submit a bug report, you'll want to go here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id...tid=448394

You'll want to attach the megameklog.txt file that's in your megamek\logs folder.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  loading bombs on conventional fighters? frostvarg 5 1,390 04-01-2012, 05:17 AM
Last Post: frostvarg