Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with MekHQ v0.1.16 not loading saved game
I'm having a problem with my savegame not loading in MekHQ.
I've tried numerous things and I don't know what to do. I tried manually deleting the references to external sources such as images and fluff. Then I tried manually deleting my service members one by one in order to find out which one has been causing the problem. Twice now I've deleted every single person but one and it'll load one person but it won't load the group of them. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Can anybody look at this and give me a hand?

Edit: I just went through my personnel and identified the ones who were causing the problem. They all have one thing in common, they are all techs of one kind of another. I don't know what's wrong with them, maybe their unit Id's are screwed or something, but they were the reason for the constant crashing.
I'm uploading them as The Problems.

Edit 2: I just went back through and tried to manually add some new Mech Techs to find my dragoons rating and then fire them before I saved. I found out that even when I try to fire them they stay around and then there is a lot of screen tearing and distortion that permanently stays on the screen afterwards and I am unable to click on anything else.

Attached Files
.rar   Mercenary.rar (Size: 13.54 KB / Downloads: 2)
.txt   The Problems.txt (Size: 5.86 KB / Downloads: 2)
Can you post the mekhqlog.txt file from when you load it? That is the best way for us to find where the problem is.

Edit: nevermind, I wasn't quite awake. I just attempted to load the campaign file you had open and saw your problem. There's an error where MHQ is attempting to divide by 0 due to the FM:Mercs Revised Dragoons Rating. The odd part is I thought we'd fixed that issue.

Edit 2: And Ralgith has fixed the issue. It should work properly in the next release. For now stick to the Taharqa rating. If you have a save that is already switched over and running into issues you can open the file in word pad/notepad/etc and manually change which rating it uses.
(05-24-2012, 09:13 AM)Jayof9s link Wrote: Can you post the mekhqlog.txt file from when you load it? That is the best way for us to find where the problem is.

Edit: nevermind, I wasn't quite awake. I just attempted to load the campaign file you had open and saw your problem. There's an error where MHQ is attempting to divide by 0 due to the FM:Mercs Revised Dragoons Rating. The odd part is I thought we'd fixed that issue.

Edit 2: And Ralgith has fixed the issue. It should work properly in the next release. For now stick to the Taharqa rating. If you have a save that is already switched over and running into issues you can open the file in word pad/notepad/etc and manually change which rating it uses.

I should note that this divide by zero error was different from the one Jayof9s and I had fixed previously. In fact there were several that needed fixed that I found, so I did them all. Hopefully there aren't anymore. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loading a saved game atsalmon 2 241 04-18-2019, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Xenon54z
  Unable to finish a MegaMek Game (MekHQ 0.3.16/MegaMek 0.41.6) Doctor X 3 742 08-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Last Post: ralgith
  How to edit/fix a saved game? mkerensky 4 782 01-17-2014, 09:06 PM
Last Post: mkerensky
  Mekhq not loading campaign file Nethaniel 14 2,520 01-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Last Post: pheonixstorm
  Problems Connecting To Saved Games steel_vulture 3 779 06-29-2013, 01:55 AM
Last Post: steel_vulture
  Megamek and MekHQ won't pull up browser dialouge when saving/loading Althrun83 3 796 06-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Althrun83
  MekHQ doubling weapons when saved? Madcow9000 1 708 11-24-2012, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Netzilla
  Megamek exits automatically after a game when launched in MekHQ Obvious 5 1,159 12-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Obvious
  Another Bot Question: Saved Games Downslide 4 1,977 04-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Xenon54z