Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Busted Hip/Shoulder
So, the program tells me I can neither repair or salvage a limb with a busted hip or shoulder, and I have to scrap them and replace them.  Problem is, the program won't let me scrap the component, either.  So, that essentially makes 'Mechs with busted hips completely worthless?
You must first remove every removable component from the limb in question. Salvage off any remaining armor, weapons, internal components (actuators, etc). Once they are all removed you can right-click and scrap the bad limb.
I did that, and scrap was still greyed out.
I dunno then, every time it has been greyed out for me and I couldn't figure out why it was cause I had missed some component still in the affected limb. Once I have found it and removed it I've never had it fail to work. So, I have no idea, sorry.
(07-13-2012, 11:59 PM)ErikModi link Wrote: I did that, and scrap was still greyed out.

Did you switch from Repair Mode to Salvage Mode to remove all the parts?
I did not. . . I did switch to Salvage mode, and it still wouldn't let me do anything with the limb, but I didn't think to try removing parts.  I'll give that a shot next time it happens.
had same problem...
my solution it seemed to work was to scrap the whole mech and get replacment part first prior to scraping, once done switch to repair and start fixing the mech. it seemed to work...
(08-15-2012, 01:28 PM)elf25s link Wrote: had same problem...
my solution it seemed to work was to scrap the whole mech and get replacment part first prior to scraping, once done switch to repair and start fixing the mech. it seemed to work...

Just switch to salvage mode and make sure everything is removed from the limb. Then scrap said limb and return to repair mode.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TO&E Sheet Busted Longshot 8 1,135 06-27-2017, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Hammer