Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capturing ejected MechWarriors?
Is there a way to capture enemy MechWarriors after they've ejected?  Tried searching for a previous thread, and found a couple hints that this is possible but no instructions for how to do it in the game.
Have a unit (other than an another ejected mechwarrior) end its move on top of the ejected mechwarrior.  You'll see a message that the mechwarrior got picked up.  Two mechwarriors together have a beer.
Thanks!
(07-27-2012, 01:56 PM)Netzilla link Wrote: Have a unit (other than an another ejected mechwarrior) end its move on top of the ejected mechwarrior.  You'll see a message that the mechwarrior got picked up.  Two mechwarriors together have a beer.

Apparently, a unlimited supply of beer is standard ejection gear, just in case you meet another teammate who also ejected. Then both of you can sit down together and have a beer, ...... for as long as it takes. Wink
(07-27-2012, 04:10 PM)Xenon54z link Wrote: [quote author=Netzilla link=topic=889.msg5108#msg5108 date=1343411798]
Have a unit (other than an another ejected mechwarrior) end its move on top of the ejected mechwarrior.  You'll see a message that the mechwarrior got picked up.  Two mechwarriors together have a beer.

Apparently, a unlimited supply of beer is standard ejection gear, just in case you meet another teammate who also ejected. Then both of you can sit down together and have a beer, ...... for as long as it takes. Wink
[/quote]

Not just Teammates either Wink Any ejected MW. So you'll drink with the enemy Wink

[/quote]

Not just Teammates either Wink Any ejected MW. So you'll drink with the enemy Wink
[/quote]

When I have run it they enemies always shot at each other doing 0 damage.
Well they are drunk. ;D ;D ;D Tongue
(10-19-2012, 12:16 AM)Xenon54z link Wrote: Well they are drunk. ;D ;D ;D Tongue

Aside from the libations, I suspect it's also the difference between having 'Armed Mechwarriors' checked or unchecked.
(10-19-2012, 01:51 PM)Netzilla link Wrote: [quote author=Xenon54z link=topic=889.msg6244#msg6244 date=1350620200]
Well they are drunk. ;D ;D ;D Tongue

Aside from the libations, I suspect it's also the difference between having 'Armed Mechwarriors' checked or unchecked.
[/quote]

Ding Ding... Sarah, tell him what he's won!

Joking aside, I agree that is the most likely explanation.
can you arm Mechwarriors with a rifle or hand gun if so how!

dan
You can turn on weapons for ejected crews (there's an option but I forget where off the top of my head) - however, considering a basic rifle/hand gun will be rounded down to 0 damage against armored targets there's really not much point at the scale of MM (MIGHT be able to kill a single infantryman in a squad/platoon but I'm not even sure they could do that).
cool I will try to find it ta