Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Against the bot rules.
(09-21-2012, 01:27 PM)ralgith link Wrote: Ugh. Crap software. Gotta love it.

Indeed.

Now that I've had a chance to look at Total Warfare again I remember that the RATs have what Technical Readout each Mech is listed in. They sure cover a wide range of years  :o

You'd probably want to play in at least 3060+
(09-21-2012, 02:45 PM)Bonepart link Wrote: Indeed.

Now that I've had a chance to look at Total Warfare again I remember that the RATs have what Technical Readout each Mech is listed in. They sure cover a wide range of years  :o

You'd probably want to play in at least 3060+

I'm pretty sure that TW and the others (TacOps/StratOps/FM:Mercs revised, etc) are for ~3067. Right before the WoB brought out the nukes. The wide range of years is mostly because that's what would have been available at the time. Not everyone is going to be in 'Mechs made that year.  Wink
I'm calling this Version 1.1

Mostly I added the RATs from Total Warfare. I didn't have time for extensive testing, but all the units should import correctly to MegaMek/MekHQ

Edit: Removed file. You can let the latest version in my new Tool Thead here or on the BattleTech boards
I've started the base work on a Contract Generator (based on the AtB rules of course), and it brings up some questions. I should be able to generate the contracts, let the player pick one, have them pick their MekHQ campaign save, and then add the contract directly into the save file.

This gives me the opportunity to change how the money is handled. In Theory I could set the base and monthly amounts you receive so you wouldn't have to go with MekHQ's default contract fee generator. The big question becomes what should the monthly fee be set at? I don't have any of the Merc books so I don't know what any of those rules are, and the AtB rules don't address it since that can't be changed in MekHQ itself. I imagine you would still want the majority of the payout to come at the end, if the contract is successful. In that case I could note the remaining payout in the description.

Any thoughts or features people would like to see in such a program?

Edit to avoid a triple post!

I made a thread on the BattleTech boards for my (soon to be) group of tools  ;D
I bring the mekhq payment down as low as I can, then add the advance and final balance to contract notes.  It requires manually paying myself, but I don't imagine a merc would EVER "forget" to ask for payment....
(09-27-2012, 11:41 AM)kuitiitijin link Wrote: I bring the mekhq payment down as low as I can, then add the advance and final balance to contract notes.  It requires manually paying myself, but I don't imagine a merc would EVER "forget" to ask for payment....

Well, the idea is to make LESS work for yourself, not more  Wink

Edit: I went ahead and made a copy of my Tool Thread over here, and put up the latest release in it  ;D