Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonepart's Against-the-Bot Tools
These Tools are meant to be used with and are coded for the Against-the-Bot Campaign Rules v2.25

These are written in C# using .Net 4.0

For Windows you will need at least [url=http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24872].Net Framework 4.0 Client Profile

For Linux you require Mono 2.8 or newer, with 2.10 recommended

Starting Company Generator: 1.2.4654.35977
File Name: AtB Starting Company Generator.zip

This is for rolling your starting company at the beginning of a campaign. It will roll for your Support Personnel and MechWarriors. Right now I have two sets of RATs included, Xotl's tables and the tables from Total Warfare.

Some features that are easy to miss:

You can right click the MechWarriors node at the top of the left hand tree to get a context menu, with the option to 'Expand All' and 'Collapse All'. Those do what you would expect after your generate your company.

Release Notes:
Code:
Release 1.2.4654.35977

Removed Right-click context menu on Pilot nodes.

Added option to select the number of Officers you want to roll for at company generation.

Fixed misspelling of 'Dispossessed'.

Fixed bug causing Total Warfare Inner Sphere mechs to get parsed like Clan mechs, messing up MUL file.

Options:

Advanced Mode: This will roll for the Mechs your MechWarriors start with. Once you generate a company you can use the 'Save Results to MUL' button to save your company to a .mul file.

**Currently MekHQ does not support importing Pilots or Support. Right now the MUL will only import your Mechs**

Basic mode will roll your Support and Pilots, but will only give the weight class for the Mech. This will let you roll on any RAT you desire, with the downside of having to import everything into MekHQ manually.

Select RAT Collection: Here is where you select the RAT for rolling the Mechs.

Contract Generator: New Project, no release yet
File Name: N/A

I've started the base work on a Contract Generator (based on the AtB rules of course), and it brings up some questions. I should be able to generate the contracts, let the player pick one, have them pick their MekHQ campaign save, and then add the contract directly into the save file.

This gives me the opportunity to change how the money is handled. In Theory I could set the base and monthly amounts you receive so you wouldn't have to go with MekHQ's default contract fee generator. The big question becomes what should the monthly fee be set at? I don't have any of the Merc books so I don't know what any of those rules are, and the AtB rules don't address it since that can't be changed in MekHQ itself. I imagine you would still want the majority of the payout to come at the end, if the contract is successful. In that case I could note the remaining payout in the description.

Force Maker & OpFor Tracker: 0.3.4658.21526
File Name: Force Maker.zip

*This tool defaults to the rules for unit generation in Total Warfare, starting on page 264*

Force Maker uses the same RAT files as my Starting Company Generator, so you can run both from the same directory if you want. This is a very early release, and as such it doesn't use Tech Ratings yet, and while it has a button to save to an OpFor file that doesn't do anything. It also generates everything by Lance or Company, no support for Clan Stars/Novas yet.

You now have options for generating just a Lance or Company, with more control over the weight classes generated. You can also select the Skill Rating for the MechWarriors.

It used to be that I cleared the Force every time you hit the Generate button. Now there is an 'Auto Clear' option that does that. If you turn it off you can generate multiple Lances/Companies and save them to a MUL when you have the number you want.

Release Notes:
Code:

+Added Option "Size of Force"
+Added Option "Skill Rating"
+Option "Tech Rating" is in menu, but disabled for now
+Added Option "Auto Clear"
+Added "Clear Force" button to Menu Bar

Attached Files
.zip   AtB Starting Company Generator.zip (Size: 43.43 KB / Downloads: 107)
.zip   Force Maker.zip (Size: 43.17 KB / Downloads: 88)
I updated the OP to be current with what is on the BattleTech forums  ;D
Any update on your merc contract generator program?  Right now its the most tedious process for me to generate it and then type it in.  Not that it is impossible but your program has me very interested.
You should both be aware of this thread:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.ph...161.0.html
Awesome! Thanks for that link and reading there now, many thanks sir!
(01-13-2014, 12:46 AM)Patryn link Wrote:Any update on your merc contract generator program?  Right now its the most tedious process for me to generate it and then type it in.  Not that it is impossible but your program has me very interested.

Sadly I haven't worked on this in some time, and now that I'm training a new Tech at work I wont have any extra time for a while yet.
Actually Ralgith is going to be adding a lot of the AtB rules into Mek HQ.  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.ph...161.0.html
(01-13-2014, 02:40 AM)pfarland link Wrote:Actually Ralgith is going to be adding a lot of the AtB rules into Mek HQ.  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.ph...161.0.html

I just pointed that out to them like 3 posts ago man Tongue

Also, everyone should start reading my blog, as I'll be discussing this (and other things) in detail there. In fact, I already have a post about contracts.
Lol, missed that!  And excuse my enthusiasm, I can't help but be excited by it.  And I'm watching the blog, trust me on that one!
(01-13-2014, 02:42 AM)ralgith link Wrote:[quote author=pfarland link=topic=947.msg9745#msg9745 date=1389595202]
Actually Ralgith is going to be adding a lot of the AtB rules into Mek HQ.  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.ph...161.0.html

I just pointed that out to them like 3 posts ago man Tongue

Also, everyone should start reading my blog, as I'll be discussing this (and other things) in detail there. In fact, I already have a post about contracts.
[/quote]

It would be awesome to have that stuff in MegaMek. Thanks for the link to that other thread!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Needed tools to get started as a contributor Bonepart 1 300 08-23-2017, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Arlith
  Q on commit 3af30 Engineer platoon's tools pheonixstorm 10 1,702 02-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s