Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekHQ Release v0.1.4
All the important information (and a pretty picture) is here:

http://megamek.info/node/25
Awesome work again. All the updates to MekHQ are very exciting for me since I'm currently running 3 campaigns which I track very in depth detail for. Being able to automate some of that tracking will save me a lot of time.

Also, awesome portraits. Out of curiosity did you find them some where or create them?

Edit: Another question, any ideas for dealing with crew requirements for vehicles? Most require 2+ to operate but Megamek doesn't really take that into consideration but it would be important for the campaign tracking MekHQ does. Though there are obviously many more important things to implement first.
The portraits are from the sword and dragon starter pack linked in the entry. Buy it, it's great.

I am considering adding a new "filler" personnel type whose primary purpose would be to provide a warm body for troop and team counts. It could be used for individual soldiers, crew members, and astechs. The only catch is that it could dramatically increase the Number of total personnel.  Nonetheless, it appeals to my BOCD.
Ah right, that's what happens when I forget to click 'read more' for a change, I ask silly questions. (portraits)

As for vehicle crews, that sounds like a decent way to deal with the crews by using extra 'fillers' for crews and especially infantry. Tracking individual crew members can get pretty complicated otherwise. Or at least it does in the campaigns I'm running since I've now started tracking individual crew members per tank (and they can swap vehicles as necessary which often changes the crew requirements). It can be a bit of a mess figuring out who goes where, especially if I need to switch around crews for some reason and even more so for trying to keep up with XP for each crew member. Luckily right now most of the vehicles in my 3 campaigns only hold 1-3 people currently and each unit only have about 4 tanks. It'll be a a lot for me to arrange by hand if they end up with a full company of armor with crew sizes from 1-6.

I guess my point is it would be much easier to just have 1 'commander' per tank and then be able to fill the rest of the spots with 'fillers' like you mentioned. So I do like that idea and may have to consider swapping to that while vehicle crewing has only just begun in my campaigns. Sounds like a good solution for MekHQ. Though as you said it will add a lot of people to units, I suppose it just depends on how much detail people want to go for themselves.

And on that note I haven't even tried to individually track infantry, I just stick them as squads and hope for the best when tracking.
I posted two patches here.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de...id=1144610

Is there another way of getting in contact with the devs? IRC or a mailing list?
(04-28-2011, 09:28 PM)Longinus00 link Wrote: I posted two patches here.

Is there another way of getting in contact with the devs? IRC or a mailing list?

This or the forums over at classicbattletech.com are probably the best ways to get in touch with us. Thanks for the patches, I hadn't seen those yet.
I'm noticing that I can't access the right click menu for infantry/aerospace units. I can repair damage to the ASF but I can't right click and choose to sell, salvage, etc. I'm guessing this is because you haven't implemented much for either unit type. Oddly enough turrets still get the drop down menu.

Edit: Another thing I've noticed is that if I'm repairing a unit I don't have ammo for I'm still allowed to replace the ammo without acquiring any first. I wasn't sure if this just wasn't implemented yet and known or not so I figured I'd bring it up. And I just checked after typing that and even if I do have ammo for the unit it does not get used when replacing ammo.
I'm having a problem with loading my campaign. I saved it just fine, but for some reason MeKHQ doesn't load anything, XML or otherwise. Even the examples won't load up.
What do?
I am willing to enter published planetary data for 3025, since I have most of the info for that era in my gaming library. Although I am computer savvy, I am not a programmer and would need to be shown where that data is stored so that I can enter it into the file. I have been itching for just such a project since the first MekHQ version was released.

Bob Lithgow
rlithgo@law.jmls.edu
(05-05-2011, 02:51 AM)Madcow9000 link Wrote: I'm having a problem with loading my campaign. I saved it just fine, but for some reason MeKHQ doesn't load anything, XML or otherwise. Even the examples won't load up.
What do?

I would need to see your log file.
(05-05-2011, 02:51 AM)Madcow9000 link Wrote: I'm having a problem with loading my campaign. I saved it just fine, but for some reason MeKHQ doesn't load anything, XML or otherwise. Even the examples won't load up.
What do?

What country are you in Madcow? There may be an issue with date localization.
I'm in the U.S. Whatever was wrong seems to have been fixed with the latest version so all's well.

Also, is there any chance of getting a random skill generator like in Megemek in MekHQ anytime soon?
(05-10-2011, 09:34 PM)Madcow9000 link Wrote: I'm in the U.S. Whatever was wrong seems to have been fixed with the latest version so all's well.

Also, is there any chance of getting a random skill generator like in Megemek in MekHQ anytime soon?

Not just like, but exactly the same one. Timing is more of a question mark. My priority now is on finishing up the repair system for all units. But we we will see.
I've discovered a new glitch in the latest MekHQ.
I've been running a clan invasion campaign off of it, and everything was running smooth until I tried to load up some clan based salvage. At first it refused to display the new clan mechs. Until I updated my roster and then it displayed them correctly but it refused to let me click on them. I could still right click and select but nothing would happen regardless of what I would choose. I finally repaired them, equipped my pilots with the new clan mechs and then saved my game and exited. Now it won't let me load up the game at all, it's either gotten corrupted or overwritten. When I load it now it just brings up the standard blank campaign profile.

I attached my log file for whenever you want to take a look at it. Also I'm having weird display anomalies with the TO&E where the pilot portraits and text are overlapping each other.

Attached Files
.txt   mekhqlog.txt (Size: 7.55 KB / Downloads: 2)
Can you attach a copy of the savegame you are trying to load?
Here ya go.

Attached Files
.xml   My Campaign01053028.xml (Size: 38.65 KB / Downloads: 3)
The problem seems to be a strange character in your reports that I haven't tracked down yet. You can get around it by opening up the save game file in a text editor and just deleting all the lines with <reportLine> tag. You will probably have to do that with each save though.

Thanks for the file, it actually helped me debug some loading issues with the current version.
No prob. I use MekHQ quite a bit and can help out with finding bugs if you want. I guarantee you that if it exists I will run into it at some point. Tongue

After looking back over the file I noticed that the name of my captain has been displaying improperly. In MekHQ the name generator displays as a stylistic e with a slash over it in the name gerard. In Megamek it shows up as a big question mark. I think that's what's screwing everything up because when I retrieved my pilots it loaded him up with the wrong name and remained a question mark. I manually changed the name in the report line to Gerard without the slash over it and now the game loads up fine.
I think there's some kind of compatibility problem between megamek and mekhq's name generators, although they appear to use the same system.
Yes, that does appear to be the problem. They use the exact same generator, or to put it another way, MekHQ literally uses the generator from MM. The more likely problem is the way special characters are being encoded somewhere in the loading and saving between the two programs.
Ran into the same problem. Now whenever I save a game it automatically corrupts it. I have two separate save files behaving the same way after the last fix but both saves look nothing alike. It seems like MekHQ is saving only part of the data rather than the whole thing. Have a look whenever you get the chance.

Attached Files
.txt   mekhqlog.txt (Size: 7.54 KB / Downloads: 1)
.xml   Fedcom.xml (Size: 8 KB / Downloads: 1)
.xml   My Campaign01053028 - Copy.xml (Size: 8 KB / Downloads: 1)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New MekHQ Release 0.3.6 Taharqa 11 1,464 12-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Last Post: neilfw
  New MekHQ Release 0.3.5 Taharqa 11 2,015 05-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Last Post: ralgith
  New MekHQ Release 0.3.4 Taharqa 8 1,892 05-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Jayof9s
  New MekHQ Development Release 0.3.3 Taharqa 3 1,230 09-20-2013, 10:41 PM
  New MekHQ Development Release 0.3.2, now with maintenance Taharqa 10 1,778 09-19-2013, 08:34 AM
  New MekHQ Development Release 0.3.1 Taharqa 18 3,145 09-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Last Post: DaddyHolby
  New MekHQ Development Release 0.3.0 Taharqa 16 3,025 04-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Last Post: mchapman1970
  First Stable MekHQ Release! Taharqa 10 2,106 03-22-2013, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Thom293
  New MekHQ Release 0.1.24 Release Candidate 3 Taharqa 10 2,084 03-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Taharqa
  New MekHQ Release 0.1.22 Release Candidate 1 Taharqa 15 2,704 02-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s