Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to load an MTF as a kit?
I've refit an old Flashman with updated technology in Megamek and saved the unit as an .mtf. Is there a way to make a kit for this?
(01-08-2013, 01:22 PM)Conarr link Wrote: I've refit an old Flashman with updated technology in Megamek and saved the unit as an .mtf. Is there a way to make a kit for this?

A refit kit in MekHQ you mean?

When I make new variants it automatically makes refit kits for them (at least pre 0.1.20 anyways)
I have MMHQ 0.1.20 and it isn't moving the refit kit to the list. I've tried it creating an MTF with MMLab and using the custom refit in MMHQ.
Do you have the option "only canon units" on?
Isn't there a requirement that the unit appear in the OfficialUnitList.txt file (under /data/mechfiles) to show up as a refit kit?
(02-11-2013, 10:08 AM)Netzilla link Wrote: Isn't there a requirement that the unit appear in the OfficialUnitList.txt file (under /data/mechfiles) to show up as a refit kit?

Not from what I've seen. I've seen my customs on the Refit Kit list, as long as the campaign is after the Intro Date for that design.
(02-11-2013, 11:48 AM)Jayof9s link Wrote: [quote author=Netzilla link=topic=1060.msg7155#msg7155 date=1360591712]
Isn't there a requirement that the unit appear in the OfficialUnitList.txt file (under /data/mechfiles) to show up as a refit kit?

Not from what I've seen. I've seen my customs on the Refit Kit list, as long as the campaign is after the Intro Date for that design.
[/quote]

Its supposed to work that way. But never has, and frankly I don't want it to since in an alternate timeline a "non-canon" unit may be canon for that timeline.