Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Interest Check] Solaris 7 Campaign Concept
I have to agree with that you don't get better unless you play. I haven't played against a human opponent in ages. I just am getting back in. That will not stop me enjoying a game I have always loved. It is just hard to get locals near me to play. Now I found the wonders of megamek and mekhq. So I may just get as trounced as you. However I always played it like a game of chess with a RNG with a kickass background and awesome stories.
While in the ladder Championship games you will be required to play the other PCs, do not expect that to be a major role in the game.  Most of the battles will be either you working as a team or fighting NPCs solo in the Championship games.  The NPCs will be guided by a set of rules that I have in mind as to how they would act.  For example a Mechwarrior who has a 6 in piloting will take that chance to make a running turn on pavement even if they need a 12 to make it.  While a piloting of 5 will probably never try to make that turn, a 4 will weigh the odds and so on in experience.  So even if you are not a great player you should be able to advance a pretty good way through the Championship games.

Hopefully tomorrow night or Sunday night I will have a new post on these forums about character creation and background information to the story.
(02-01-2013, 10:41 AM)Akira213 link Wrote: you only get better when you play against people who are more skilled than you are.

That's the thing...I've lost games before, but I've NEVER played anyone better than I am...

I don't say that to brag or boast...I just never found an opponent who loved the game as much as I do.
Played BT for about 20 years myself and regularly play MM prob get 50-80 games in a month online, always level 2 tech so moving back into the timeline should be a bit of a change for me
and sorry Arkaris havent got back to you with my skype details will do that after work today.
The new post for this game is here...

http://megamek.info/forums/index.php?topic=1093.0
Arkaris I really love your concept! The older Solaris server never took off, but I stubbornly want to support you in this, my tabletop campaign was Solaris VII and it was a fantastic Battletech experience with 8 friends (and sometimes guests) each running their own house.

I think there is enough of a community that enjoys fiddling that Solaris VII should allow you to fiddle.

I think the pillars of a successful Solaris server will include

1) A vibrant Black market with all types of 3067 parts available
2) Creative maps... I made a couple which I enjoy very much single player if you are interested in
3) Creative ops, the basic should be 1 v. 1 deathmatch, but team play should also be allowed
4) Lack of balance, players should have complete BV.. blind competition... anyways in 1 v 1 a light can take out an assault
5) Great variety of pilots to allow for enhanced RP
6) Very expensive, but available, clan components and tech
7) The most complete and detailed repair system settings (I think it is a fun part of the mech focus)
8) The ability to customize your mechs how you wish
9) Nice RP randomness (like find a tech in the bar, or pilot perma-wounds)
10) A complicated economy, but the ability to start up... I think admins can bail-out players if their team goes bankrupt

PM me if you need help! I would be delighted to
This game is already under way in the other forum.  I have no intentions of making it a MekWars server game.  I am running it purely through MM and players connecting to my computer for scheduled games. 

I run the current game in the 3040 era, since there is a lot of technology build up leading to the clan invasion.

I will be accepting new players once I get through the current tournament.  Though you are more than welcome to join at any time, you will have to wait till next season to play in the arena games, but there are still other events happening, such as merc contracts, battle re-enactments, and free for alls that you could be part of still.
(03-17-2013, 09:50 PM)Arkaris link Wrote:This game is already under way in the other forum.  I have no intentions of making it a MekWars server game.  I am running it purely through MM and players connecting to my computer for scheduled games. 

I run the current game in the 3040 era, since there is a lot of technology build up leading to the clan invasion.

I will be accepting new players once I get through the current tournament.  Though you are more than welcome to join at any time, you will have to wait till next season to play in the arena games, but there are still other events happening, such as merc contracts, battle re-enactments, and free for alls that you could be part of still.
i'd be interested in it.
(03-17-2013, 12:19 PM)Asterix von TWC link Wrote:Arkaris I really love your concept! The older Solaris server never took off, but I stubbornly want to support you in this, my tabletop campaign was Solaris VII and it was a fantastic Battletech experience with 8 friends (and sometimes guests) each running their own house.

I think there is enough of a community that enjoys fiddling that Solaris VII should allow you to fiddle.

I think the pillars of a successful Solaris server will include

1) A vibrant Black market with all types of 3067 parts available
2) Creative maps... I made a couple which I enjoy very much single player if you are interested in
3) Creative ops, the basic should be 1 v. 1 deathmatch, but team play should also be allowed
4) Lack of balance, players should have complete BV.. blind competition... anyways in 1 v 1 a light can take out an assault
5) Great variety of pilots to allow for enhanced RP
6) Very expensive, but available, clan components and tech
7) The most complete and detailed repair system settings (I think it is a fun part of the mech focus)
8) The ability to customize your mechs how you wish
9) Nice RP randomness (like find a tech in the bar, or pilot perma-wounds)
10) A complicated economy, but the ability to start up... I think admins can bail-out players if their team goes bankrupt

PM me if you need help! I would be delighted to

Interesting thought Asterix.

I once turned the concept of Solaris VII arena fighters into a mercenary unit of Solaris VII world defenders against invasion by the Word of Blake.

The infamous unit was called the "Junkyard Dogs". It was long enough ago that it no longer can be found on these threads.

But there was also even older Solaris VII leagues and tournaments, that are still around, that were help here:

http://www.solaris7.com/Boards/forum.asp...hichpage=4
(03-25-2013, 04:12 AM)Ettibber link Wrote:i'd be interested in it.

You are more than welcome to create a character using the rules on the first post, the only exception is you have 60 xp available instead of 40.  While you will not be allowed to participate in the current medium class tournament, you will be welcomed to play in the other various events that occur.  Hopefully I will be introducing a new style of events tomorrow night if you are able to attend.
I'm up for it
Sadly the game has petered out after about 4 months of play.  It was a good run and over all I consider it a successful game.  But it is over with and I will be preparing another game hopefully.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Solaris campain Bczretribution 0 289 12-29-2017, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Bczretribution
  Interest check - strategic battletech/aerotech campaign _xX_Shadow_Hawk_Xx_ 5 2,571 12-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Last Post: wulfle
  [Interest Check] Old fashion Battletech Tournament Zellbringen 36 9,159 06-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Ragnarok
  Solaris Arena Games Campaign Arkaris 146 29,825 05-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Last Post: hungrygnome