Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Option to load a savegame and load Princess instead of TestBot?
Hi

When loading savegames you have to use the /ReplacePlayer to get bots connected again, but its Testbot who aways join. Is it any way to get the Princess bot connected instead?

I'm asking because I've found that bot much more effective. It uses better tactics, moves even using Double-blind rules (although it takes its time), handle properly the use o optional rules (you can activate all the options and this enemy won't always go sprinting, nor using MASC sucidally).

Thanks in advance
(03-29-2013, 09:00 AM)Vashnevskaya link Wrote:Hi

When loading savegames you have to use the /ReplacePlayer to get bots connected again, but its Testbot who aways join. Is it any way to get the Princess bot connected instead?

I'm asking because I've found that bot much more effective. It uses better tactics, moves even using Double-blind rules (although it takes its time), handle properly the use o optional rules (you can activate all the options and this enemy won't always go sprinting, nor using MASC sucidally).

Thanks in advance

If you read the help on the replacePlayer command it can already do either bot. It just defaults to TestBot.

/replacePlayer -bTonguerincess <playername>

Also, check /help replacePlayer
(03-29-2013, 10:34 AM)ralgith link Wrote:[quote author=Vashnevskaya link=topic=1173.msg7612#msg7612 date=1364562042]
Hi

Thanks in advance

If you read the help on the replacePlayer command it can already do either bot. It just defaults to TestBot.

/replacePlayer -bTonguerincess <playername>

Also, check /help replacePlayer
[/quote]

Didn't knew about that option. Thank you very much!
Hi

Another question about this. I've tried that command with savegames and I can properly load the Princess bot, but every time I use it, the system says that "Princess" has replaced some player. Does the game use different bots named that way for different players in the game, or is it the same bot getting in charge of more and more units each time I use /replacePlayer?

My concern belongs to the fact I use several bots to play games, usually two for each enemy lance, tied together in the same team, so this way each bot has fewer units to process and thus runs faster, and I'd like to keep it that way when loading savegames.

Thanks in advance
"Princess" is just the type of bot that is replacing said player.  Each time you use the 'replacePlayer' command, it creats a new bot instance, so it really is separate bots.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't load/save your campaign? Taharqa 159 38,437 06-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SilverSword
  Campigan won't load MageOhki 7 950 12-29-2018, 07:56 AM
Last Post: MageOhki
  How to use "change site" option Strategiusz 4 870 08-15-2018, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Sidewinder
  question on where the MM game option is located? tetsuo 2 537 01-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: tetsuo
  Feature request: randomize portrait option in personel tab Groggy1 1 439 12-31-2016, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Neoancient
  New Java upadate will not load Mek Hq jamespryde 3 769 09-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Last Post: BLOODWOLF
  campaign won't load after deleting a vehicle (GM mode) Cik 6 1,261 11-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Cik
  Lance movement option Nimrod0616 7 1,903 07-31-2014, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Arlith
  Cannot load campaign, if there is no doctor? luiges90 2 827 02-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: ralgith
  Advice about the "error to load/save" Vashnevskaya 0 699 04-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Vashnevskaya