This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding mechs to the RAT
Im sorry if this is answered somewhere else on the fourm, I did try to research before I came to ask.

I want to add a set of custom mechs to the RAT so that when I go to play, I can simply have it roll a random assortment of the custom enemy designs I have for my OPFor, as opposed to having to go in and manually search for them. 

Is there anyway to do this?    It seems like it would be as easy as editing a text file, in the data section for RAT, but I can't seem to locate exactly what params I need to put in there. 

Thanks!
Mech Name,#  (# is the number chance that you want that particular one to be)

For instance:

Mech Alpha,1
Mech Bravo,1
Mech Charlie,1
Mech Delta,1
Mech Echo,1
Mech Foxtrot,1

This would give you a D6 with an even chance of having any one mech chosen.

Mech Alpha,1
Mech Bravo,1
Mech Charlie,1
Mech Delta,1
Mech Echo,1
Mech Foxtrot,5

This would give you a D10 with a one in ten chance of picking Alpha-Echo and a five in ten chance for picking Foxtrot.

Any questions?
Thank you pfarland.  I will attempt to work that out, and report back to you later.
Np, glad to help!
I attempted.. ( and attempted.. and attempted..) to attach the RAT .txt file that I have been working on to this message, however it keeps telling me that the upload folder is full and that I need to chose a smaller folder or contact the administrator.  Since it's only a tiny txt folder I think this is some kind of problem on my end ( re: the good old OE  or Operator Error)  so instead I am going to provide a link to my drop box where I have uploaded the file in a .zip for you to dl and take a look at if you would like..  Because at this point I'm stuck..  I was able to mod one of the existing files to work in a fashion that was ok.. However, when I wrote this one, the game will not recognize it at all, and I am at a loss as to what I am missing.

Thanks again-
Christion

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i34ojjoz0eftv6v/campaign.zip  Notice.. it is a secured link so no worry of getting anything narsty. 

Thanks again.
(01-17-2014, 04:39 PM)cowboy link Wrote: I attempted.. ( and attempted.. and attempted..) to attach the RAT .txt file that I have been working on to this message, however it keeps telling me that the upload folder is full and that I need to chose a smaller folder or contact the administrator.  Since it's only a tiny txt folder I think this is some kind of problem on my end ( re: the good old OE  or Operator Error)  so instead I am going to provide a link to my drop box where I have uploaded the file in a .zip for you to dl and take a look at if you would like..  Because at this point I'm stuck..  I was able to mod one of the existing files to work in a fashion that was ok.. However, when I wrote this one, the game will not recognize it at all, and I am at a loss as to what I am missing.

Thanks again-
Christion

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i34ojjoz0eftv6v/campaign.zip  Notice.. it is a secured link so no worry of getting anything narsty. 

Thanks again.

OK, so I downloaded your RAT.  First thing is formatting, the RAT should be in this format:

My Campaign Mechs
AAme AME-1A,1
Blazer BLZ-3R,1
Bushido BDO-1,1
Hanatakatengu HNT-G4,1
Misairu Hassha Sochi MHS-1M,2
Nekketsu NKT-5U,1
Omoi heishi OHI-H4,2
Sandan j SJU-1A,1
Satsujin-sha SJS-1A,1
Shucho SHU-6O,1
Sogeki-hei SGH-1I,1
Soko-ho SKH-1O,1
Super Marauder SMAD-1K,1
Tora TRA-06,1
Yabusame YBS-03,1
Ame AME-1A,1
Blazer BLZ-3R,1
Shucho SHU-6O,1
Soko-ho SKH-1O,1
Tora TRA-06,1
Yabusame YBS-03,1

Also the names of the mechs must be EXACTLY as they appear in the Mech Selector Window,

For Example - Akuma AKU-1X should appear in the RAT as Akuma AKU-1X.  What I do to ensure the the name is correct is highlight the name and then use the keyboard command CTRL-C(right click does nothing), then paste the name into the file.  This is using Windows, not sure what the Keyboard commands are for other operating systems.

Try cutting and pasting what I did above into the file and try that.  Make sure you have from My Campaign Mechs on the first line and ending with Yabusame YBS-03,1 on the last line.

Hope that helps.
I don't know why yours was different than mine, but it worked like a charm.  Thanks so much guys!  I appreciate it.
NP, and welcome to the community!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding aspecial ability? ThomasMarik 2 1,171 05-21-2016, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ThomasMarik
  Adding Planets pheonixstorm 2 1,267 12-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Last Post: pheonixstorm
  Adding my old units into MekHQ Groggy1 3 1,727 01-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Arkaris
  Adding Mek quirks silmeril 7 3,195 01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s