This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumpship Quick charge & Pirate Points (or Lagrange points if you prefer)
Of all the requested modifications to travel times etc I think this might be the easiest to add. Requires a pilot roll and a quick charge dropdown menu in the map tab. Don't know if we would need all of the times or not and I think the times listed in the dropdown should be for the minimum in each category
ie (StratOps pg87)
175+ No failure
150 +0 (rather than 150–174)
125 +1
100 +2
and so on

Starting this thread I was mainly concerned with quick charge rules.. but after reading a bit more (again) about the pirate points I came up with an idea for how to add them. I was thinking that for these pesky critters there should be a nice navigator roll (makes the skill useful for a change) and a checkbox in the map tab.

When calculating the time to get from one point to another I think the checkbox should only modify the in-system travel time at the location. On page 88 it lists a +4 modifier for non-standard jump points. I was thinking it would shave 75% off the travel time so a 10 day trip would only take 2.5 days.

What do you think ral, would this work? Would it be easy to code?
No feedback? Really??  :o
Sorry, its exam time and I don't have a lot of extra free time to properly address this with the thought and care it deserves.
Wasn't directed at just you ral, I figured others might want to jump in on this (not just devs) as this is part of the transport part of merc/pirate life and would drastically change travel times and how some planetary assaults/raids are carried out.

Hope you do well on your exams!
(04-29-2014, 07:26 PM)pheonixstorm link Wrote:Wasn't directed at just you ral, I figured others might want to jump in on this (not just devs) as this is part of the transport part of merc/pirate life and would drastically change travel times and how some planetary assaults/raids are carried out.

Hope you do well on your exams!

83 on my Chemistry exam :/
We'll see on the others.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pirate and noble games eisenhorn1984 1 686 08-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Hammer
  Recharge Station, Command Circut, and Pirate Point questions Groggy1 2 1,054 12-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Last Post: ralgith