This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting A New Campaign - Merc Leader Questions
i started playing battletech back when it was battle droids. i stopped just after the return of kerensky. to date, i am still most familiar with the 3025-3026 era.

what i would like to do is recreate my old merc unit, which was originally built on the 3025-3026 era rules and mercenaries handbook [1616], and use mechhq as the interface. this unit actually spanned numerous generations, the original leader, her children, their children, and their children, to their children.

my question is, i would like to start with a leader, who is in posession of a single mech, has proper support teams, and not have to use the "hire" function.
is that possible, or do i have to import through hiring.

it seems strange to me that one would hire them self is all.

i think it would be nice to redo their legacy, again.
If you turn on GM Mode, you can use the GM add options.
Yeah, use the GM option to "hire" your founding members. Just don't forget to to edit all of the members personnel logs to reflect whatever starting status you want. If not everyone will have "joined" your unit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting a New Campaign Whats up with crippled mechs warhammer74 1 1,222 06-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Sidewinder
  Help for starting a campaign with other players Pharon 12 5,991 05-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Arkaris
  Merc Unit Structure silmeril 12 5,581 02-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Last Post: silmeril
  Someone who understands the merc rating system PLEASE!!! pfarland 16 7,572 09-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Last Post: vettie