This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the inevitable happens...
So we recovered a Overlord Dropship.... at least sorta...

We barely destroyed it as it was taking off... as the last hit killed it before it was able to change hexes on the ground map... so it fell a short distance to the ground and became a salvageable, albeit unrepairable Dropship.

How do we salvage the parts off the DS for money? ... and what kind of techs do we need to salvage stuff off of the recovered Dropship??

...since as we have to pay for the many damaged and destroyed mechs we had in the aftermath of battle.

-Mek
I could never figure it out, so I just guessed that I could get 20 mil in salvage off her and added it to my cash with a "salvage from dropship kill" as where it is from.

Need vessel crewman for the job. And sadly you wouldn't be able to salvage much
Or just sell the entire hulk, which gets you more money than the salvaged parts would. Or at least it used to. Maybe not anymore, but meh.
an overlord... even a completely scrapped one is worth more than 20 million.  even at ~10% of its original value, that's 35 million easy.  lucky you Smile
wow, ok then Ralgith, do i just say sell dropship? or is there more to it?

It seems to only give me 5.5mIllion c-bills for the DS... now that really sucks...

should be worth a whole lot more right?

Should I send you my cpnx file?

maybe you dealt it more damage than you realized.  a dropship falling out the sky... even a short distance... would probably turn the bones of anyone on board to jelly.

when in doubt, just remove the salvaged object with GM tools and manually add in whatever cash reward you think you should have with the "add funds" button.
Attach a campaign file. It is more likely that the damage is more severe than you think or the more high priced parts need to be repaired first before you can get a decent amount for it.
(07-16-2014, 09:34 PM)MagnusEffect link Wrote:maybe you dealt it more damage than you realized.  a dropship falling out the sky... even a short distance... would probably turn the bones of anyone on board to jelly.

when in doubt, just remove the salvaged object with GM tools and manually add in whatever cash reward you think you should have with the "add funds" button.

Why do it the hard way? Just sell the damn thing and then edit the transaction to raise the amount of it.
well... i didnt want to try to influence my results more than I should...

I dont even buy mechs, just to keep the flavor of my campaign... I only salvage everything I find... and buy the parts to repair the salvaged mechs and vees...

Here is the gamelog of the mission where the dropship was breached just as it was taking off...

I realize I cant send cpnx unless I send all the units with mods...

thanks

Attached Files
.html   gamelog.html (Size: 121.93 KB / Downloads: 3)