This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mek Techs making mechs inoperable
So i havent used MekHQ in a long time (0.1.x).  So i started poking around in 0.3.5.  Got a lance set up, assigned pilots then assigned techs.  Now my  Techs that are assigned to units "maintain" the Mechs and do far more damage than the enemy has ever done, making them unusable.

is this a feature of some kind?  what is happening?  in the old version this wasnt a problem.
It is all part of the strat ops advanced maintenance rules. You can adjust the modifier in the campaign options though from -1 to something a little less hazardous to your units.
Believe or not, but maintenance is a pretty hot topic right now over on the official BT forums. Players share experiences and ideas about maintenance and what works for them. Good place to look if you want some ideas.
(07-27-2014, 09:07 PM)Xenon54z link Wrote: Believe or not, but maintenance is a pretty hot topic right now over on the official BT forums. Players share experiences and ideas about maintenance and what works for them. Good place to look if you want some ideas.
So just to be sure I'm on the same page, if I have a mech, and I have an elite tech, right click on the mech, and assign ethe tech.  That tech should automatically do the normal preventative work on that mech, right?
I would say I am 99% sure that the answer is "Yes." Smile

The other part of my post you quoted was more about how long to set the maintenance and if it includes era mods and the level of difficulty modifiers and such and so forth.

But we are talking about preventative maintenance and not repairs after a battle.
(12-08-2014, 12:16 AM)Xenon54z link Wrote: But we are talking about preventative maintenance and not repairs after a battle.
Correct.  I hit the Day Advance button, get a dialog warning that there are unmaintained units.  When I proceed, suddenly all my mechs and vehicles are damaged or crippled.  Is there a "Do maintainance" button?
(12-08-2014, 01:27 AM)grimlock link Wrote: [quote author=Xenon54z link=topic=1726.msg11993#msg11993 date=1418012191]
But we are talking about preventative maintenance and not repairs after a battle.
Correct.  I hit the Day Advance button, get a dialog warning that there are unmaintained units.  When I proceed, suddenly all my mechs and vehicles are damaged or crippled.  Is there a "Do maintainance" button?
[/quote]
Right-click a tech > Assign To > As Tech > pick a unit.
In case it isn't clear, there's a maintenance cycle (the length of which can be configured).  Every time that cycle happens, maintenance rolls are made for all of your units and units may take damage.  I would assume if a unit doesn't have an assigned tech for maintenance, it automatically fails (but I don't know for certain).
(12-08-2014, 01:27 AM)grimlock link Wrote: [quote author=Xenon54z link=topic=1726.msg11993#msg11993 date=1418012191]
[/quote]

You have to assign a tech to all units that require maintenance before you hit advance day to get the popup to not popup. The popup only comes up if a unit, any unit, is going to be un-maintained that day. I would also try to bring all tech teams to full strength.
(12-08-2014, 09:01 AM)Arlith link Wrote: In case it isn't clear, there's a maintenance cycle (the length of which can be configured).  Every time that cycle happens, maintenance rolls are made for all of your units and units may take damage.  I would assume if a unit doesn't have an assigned tech for maintenance, it automatically fails (but I don't know for certain).
Is there a debug mode that will let me see the rolls?  I can understand 1 or 2 elite techs leaving mechs lightly damaged after a fumbled maintance, but 4 and 5 elite techs leaving mechs crippled or heavly damaged...
(12-08-2014, 09:55 PM)grimlock link Wrote: Is there a debug mode that will let me see the rolls?  I can understand 1 or 2 elite techs leaving mechs lightly damaged after a fumbled maintance, but 4 and 5 elite techs leaving mechs crippled or heavly damaged...

There is an option in MM to log all dice rolls.  I don't know if MekHQ has this, but I dont' think it does.
It should show the rolls in the maintenance entries in the daily log.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple techs on one refit? dgorsman 1 908 06-12-2019, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Hammer
  Assigned techs kipstafoo 5 1,864 12-14-2016, 04:44 PM
Last Post: iduno
  Allow Order/Selection/Assignment of Scroungs assigned Techs neilfw 0 962 02-01-2015, 07:14 AM
Last Post: neilfw
  techs to mechs Ratio warhammer74 4 1,765 11-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Question2
  Dropping zero minute techs - code questions pheonixstorm 5 2,162 06-09-2014, 04:26 AM
Last Post: pheonixstorm
  Damn you Techs, stop breaking my Mechs! Also: You expect me to work for THAT? CookieCrumb 8 4,548 01-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s
  Can we improve refits, assign multiple techs? neilfw 1 1,512 11-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Xenon54z
  Clan techs? Alain Dumont 10 4,105 05-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Last Post: ralgith