This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[3.6.0] Deployment takes one hour and bot keeps freezing up
Ive had to restart the scenario twice now because the bot kept freezing up and deployment each times takes an hour because the bot takes forever to deploy for some reason....whats going on?

I cant load saved games either because all the bots remain as ghosts...
4th game and the bot frozed again.

This seems to be interesting :

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Detection of NULL edges in ConvexBoardArea :: Edges:null; null; null; null; null; null
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Detection of NULL edges in ConvexBoardArea :: Edges:null; null; null; null; null; null
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at megamek.client.bot.princess.PathRanker.rankPaths(PathRanker.java:83)
at megamek.client.bot.princess.Princess.rankPaths(Princess.java:755)
at megamek.client.bot.princess.Princess.continueMovementFor(Princess.java:832)
at megamek.client.bot.princess.Princess.calculateMoveTurn(Princess.java:527)
at megamek.client.bot.BotClient.calculateMyTurn(BotClient.java:342)
at megamek.client.bot.BotClient$CalculateBotTurn.run(BotClient.java:95)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Missing l10n entry: MovementDisplay.MoveLongestRun

Attached Files
.txt   megameklog.txt (Size: 1.6 KB / Downloads: 0)
(11-09-2014, 07:44 AM)Question2 link Wrote:Ive had to restart the scenario twice now because the bot kept freezing up and deployment each times takes an hour because the bot takes forever to deploy for some reason....whats going on?

I assume by 3.6.0 you mean 0.36.0.  That's the stable release prior to the current stable release and it's fairly out of date at this point.  You could try the current stable release 0.38.0, or one of the current dev releases 0.39.x.  There have been numerous changes to Princess since 0.36.0 and it's been so long that I couldn't enumerate them all.

(11-09-2014, 07:44 AM)Question2 link Wrote:I cant load saved games either because all the bots remain as ghosts...

You have to replace a player with a bot with the /replacePlayer command.  There's nothing special about a bot player that lets MM know that the player was a bot when the game gets reloaded, so the user has to manually replace the player with the bot.  If you just enter /replacePlayer with no arguments, it will tell you the commands to use.  In general, you will have a command like
Code:
/replacePlayer -b:Princess Princess

Where -bTonguerincess indicates to MM that you want to use the Princess bot (as opposed to TestBot) and the second Princess is the player's name (which defaults to Princess when adding a Princess bot, but can be changed).
By 0.3.6 i meant the mekhq version, the actual megamek version is 0.39.2.

Megamek itself doesnt seem to have any problems, its when i try to play games against the bot through mekhq that the bot keeps freezing up and deployment takes forever.

Also the missions that are getting generated seem extremely buggy...sometimes the program wont let me start a mission or it tries to deploy reinforcements and the bot doesnt seem to know how to do that, etc.
(11-09-2014, 11:49 AM)Question2 link Wrote:By 0.3.6 i meant the mekhq version, the actual megamek version is 0.39.2.
Ah, sorry, my mistake.  I guess I was thrown off because that is one of Ralgith's custom releases which, although it may say 0.3.6, isn't really 0.3.6 because it's a custom release: people usually refer to it as Ralgith's custom release with the MHQ revision number (ie, r1993).

(11-09-2014, 11:49 AM)Question2 link Wrote:Megamek itself doesnt seem to have any problems, its when i try to play games against the bot through mekhq that the bot keeps freezing up and deployment takes forever.

Also the missions that are getting generated seem extremely buggy...sometimes the program wont let me start a mission or it tries to deploy reinforcements and the bot doesnt seem to know how to do that, etc.
There hasn't been much support for the new ATB integration into MHQ on these forums.  Ralgith has been using his forums for support of his custom releases and ATB: http://bt.dylanspcs.com/mercs/index.php.

A lot of people who have been using ATB also check the MM forums on the official Btech forums, you could try posting there: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/megamek-games/
(11-09-2014, 09:59 AM)Question2 link Wrote:java.lang.IllegalStateException: Detection of NULL edges in ConvexBoardArea :: Edges:null; null; null; null; null; null
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at megamek.client.bot.princess.PathRanker.rankPaths(PathRanker.java:83)
at megamek.client.bot.princess.Princess.rankPaths(Princess.java:755)
at megamek.client.bot.princess.Princess.continueMovementFor(Princess.java:832)
at megamek.client.bot.princess.Princess.calculateMoveTurn(Princess.java:527)
at megamek.client.bot.BotClient.calculateMyTurn(BotClient.java:342)
at megamek.client.bot.BotClient$CalculateBotTurn.run(BotClient.java:95)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This section along with the save game might need to be posted on the MM bug tracker https://sourceforge.net/p/megamek/bugs/ The last part dealing with the pathranker I think was fixed but the lines above it looks map related and I have not run across it before.
Oh i didnt realise this was a custom release. Does ralgith check the mekhq tracker?
(11-09-2014, 09:58 PM)Question2 link Wrote:Oh i didnt realise this was a custom release. Does ralgith check the mekhq tracker?

The short answer is yes, he does check the MHQ tracker.
That looks like a flawed map at a glance. I'll have more time for in depth looking later.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Freezing Mission Grags 7 1,619 05-15-2020, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Hammer
  Wierd deployment issue silmeril 8 3,044 03-18-2016, 09:11 PM
Last Post: silmeril
  Deployment phase fails to resolve when launching megamek a second time from hq. Shaitan 0 1,016 04-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Shaitan