This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle Sprites
Hello everyone. I apologise if this is not the correct part of the forum for this, but I have a few sprites I'd like to share.

I noticed that a number of the MegaMek vehicle sprites were rather blurry and indistinct, so I set about redrawing them to make them a bit nicer to look at. I originally drew them for the massive, years-long AU Battletech Let's Play currently underway on the Something Awful Forums, but the OP urged me to post them here in case anyone else was interested in them.

Here are a few samples:

Mars Assault Vehicle:
[Image: mars.png]

Huitzilopochtli:
[Image: Huitzilopochtli.png]

Von Luckner:
[Image: vonluckner.png]

Harasser:
[Image: harasser.png]

Oro:
[Image: oro.png]

I have redone twenty seven sprites in this fashion, all of which can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/frklui...prites.rar (RAR Format)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9qppbh...prites.zip (ZIP Format)

If there's any interest at all please feel free to use/modify them.
Thanks, I'll have look at these and get them added.  How would you like to be credited in the contributors list?
Glad I could be of help!

In terms of credits, just 'Scintilla' will be fine. It's my screen name both here and on Something Awful.
Very nice updates to some (previously) very odd/lightly defined icons! Thanks for sharing.
In the process of adding these and the J.Edgar isn't doesn't appear to be transparent.  Could you post a fixed version?

Also any chance of getting the variants for the Scorpion Light Tank.
Thanks
J Edgar:
[Image: J%20Edgar%20Hover.png]

Scorpion Variants:
[Image: scorpion_laser.png]
[Image: scorpion_lrm.png]
[Image: scorpion_srm.png]

If there are any other vehicles you need doing please let me know.
I think that there's a dearth of Aero and DS icons, and I'm sure you'd make at least one person happy if you did a few of those.
Just as Arlith said.  Deadborder on the official forums is slowly working through all the mechs and BA.  But I currently don't have anyone making sprites for Vehicles, Aero's, Dropships,Warships...etc.

We have lots of units using the default image, anything you make I'll add.  But I would recommend focusing on the non-mech units.

PS:
(01-20-2015, 07:18 AM)Scintilla link Wrote: J Edgar:
[Image: J%20Edgar%20Hover.png]

Scorpion Variants:
[Image: scorpion_laser.png]
[Image: scorpion_lrm.png]
[Image: scorpion_srm.png]

If there are any other vehicles you need doing please let me know.

Thanks for doing these  Big Grin
Alright, I'll see what I can do. I'm currently working on a River Monitor sprite, so maybe I'll do some blue water units since there seem to be so few of them. I'll post them here when they're done.
(01-20-2015, 11:11 AM)Scintilla link Wrote: Alright, I'll see what I can do. I'm currently working on a River Monitor sprite, so maybe I'll do some blue water units since there seem to be so few of them. I'll post them here when they're done.
PM Sent
If you get the time, I'd love to see variants for the Pike. Right now we've just got the Standard but theAC/5, Missile, RAC variant, and Clan Variant are all somewhat distinct (2 barrels, missiles, 3 rotary barrels, and 5 barrels respectively).

Von Luckner variants might be interesting too, though I'm not sure if most of them need much in the way of a change.
I'll see what I can do. Hammer wants me to send everything straight to him, so if I get them done you'll likely see them in the upcoming versions of MegaMek rather than here. Any further suggestions / requests are welcome, though.
Thanks!

I'll let you know if I think of any others.
Rail vehicles will be in the works very soon, if you'd like to start making sprites for them Wink
(01-20-2015, 01:13 PM)Scintilla link Wrote: I'll see what I can do. Hammer wants me to send everything straight to him, so if I get them done you'll likely see them in the upcoming versions of MegaMek rather than here. Any further suggestions / requests are welcome, though.

Your welcome to post them here as well. It's easier for me to get them as a separate package via email.  That way can save them in one place to make sure they get added and not missed.

You can also put them on the SF data tracker.
(01-20-2015, 01:56 PM)ralgith link Wrote: Rail vehicles will be in the works very soon, if you'd like to start making sprites for them Wink

This reminds me that you're supposed to be finishing trailers!

The Mobile Long Tom trailers could use images in anticipation of that implementation. And any trailers with stats actually.
(01-20-2015, 02:45 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote: [quote author=ralgith link=topic=1931.msg12606#msg12606 date=1421776593]
Rail vehicles will be in the works very soon, if you'd like to start making sprites for them Wink
Yeah. Cause I'm building support Vees from TRO VA and lot have trailers. Sonia Rykiel's Le Parfum
(01-20-2015, 02:45 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote: [quote author=ralgith link=topic=1931.msg12606#msg12606 date=1421776593]

The Mobile Long Tom trailers could use images in anticipation of that implementation. And any trailers with stats actually.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah. I'm building Support Vees from TRO VA and lots have trailers.
Hopefully MHQ will support them.

How's the planet/system is editor coming. :p
(01-20-2015, 04:04 PM)Hammer link Wrote: How's the planet/system is editor coming. :p

One of these days I'm going to stop listening to promises that it's "nearly done" and just generate and input data for tge 1800 or so planets that have no canon data. I probably would have finished about 2 years ago if I hadn't listened to empty promises.  :Smile
(01-20-2015, 04:17 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote: [quote author=Hammer link=topic=1931.msg12612#msg12612 date=1421784275]
How's the planet/system is editor coming. :p

One of these days I'm going to stop listening to promises that it's "nearly done" and just generate and input data for tge 1800 or so planets that have no canon data. I probably would have finished about 2 years ago if I hadn't listened to empty promises.  :Smile
[/quote]

Oh bite me... it really is close to done. I just need to make the GUI, bugtest it, and then bugfix it lol.
I hope I remember this post so when another 12 months have gone, I can bump this thread.  ;D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Infantry Sprites Project BLOODWOLF 86 26,689 08-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Hammer