This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contract Generation Issue
So I'm starting a new custom game in ATB.  I've got my unit together and ready to go but no contracts are up.  I'm sitting on Outreach, and have advanced two months but nothing is populating.  I've also did the GM generate but nothing came up.  I've also noted that there are no mechs on the market.  I've built a custom RAT and didn't know if that is an issue for generating contracts.  Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks for the help.
lol @ the name. Well-played.
post the rat and mekhq.log file so we can sort this out. Also would help to know what version of HQ you are using.
I'm using the most recent one, down loaded this weekend.  I think its 0.3.12.  At work now, I'll upload the log file this afternoon.  For the RAT, do you need just the atb RAT file that lets me select the rats and/or the files with the list of mechs in it?

Thanks for the help.
Here is the mekhqlog file.  I did a quick look in it.  A good part of the log is the fact that I've pulled a lot of the meks  and vech out of the folder only leaving the ones I'm using.  But because I didn't want it to have issues with the default RATS(xotl and Total Warfare) I've left those RATs in, just their meks have been removed. 

Attached Files
.zip   mekhqlog.zip (Size: 100.07 KB / Downloads: 1)
Here are the RAT files(ratinfo and Custom RAT folder).

Attached Files
.zip   Custom.zip (Size: 52.29 KB / Downloads: 2)
.xml   ratinfo.xml (Size: 55.29 KB / Downloads: 1)
Ok, well now I look silly.  I started up the campaign again(I saved on the 25th of January)  and advanced it past February again and this time the Market updated.  I didn't try reloading the campaign last night.  Might be something where you have to close MekHQ and reload it.  But not sure.  Thanks for all the help.

-Zell
(03-03-2015, 06:31 PM)Zellbringen link Wrote: Ok, well now I look silly.  I started up the campaign again(I saved on the 25th of January)  and advanced it past February again and this time the Market updated.  I didn't try reloading the campaign last night.  Might be something where you have to close MekHQ and reload it.  But not sure.  Thanks for all the help.

-Zell

AFAIK anytime you update a file in MHQ/MM/MML you have to reload.

Be aware of the fact that AtB rules call for 2 contracts minimum on Start. MHQ won't roll them for you though.

Be aware that Outreach is technically considered backwater through out most of the history and so you need to GM Generate Contracts most of the time from there. Known issue that is being fixed.

For the most part I don't let MHQ auto-gen the contracts. I make the roll from the 2.30 rules as appropriate and stab GM Gen as many times as the rules state. For now at least... again the issues are known.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Contract resolution Kendo 2 1,345 07-15-2019, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Hammer
  Question about contract resolution in AtB Lord Letto 0 658 06-22-2018, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Lord Letto
  MekHQ built in Scenario generation Degrathom 3 1,513 10-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Arlith
  Blog post about a contract generator Question2 0 1,120 03-12-2015, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Question2
  Finishing a contract problem Alyfox 5 2,795 03-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Last Post: scJazz
  Weighted random generation (names etc.) in Java Akjosch 4 2,431 01-16-2015, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Akjosch
  AtB Contract negotiation? Aries144 6 3,286 12-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Aries144
  AtB contract improvement ideas neilfw 0 1,010 12-20-2014, 02:12 PM
Last Post: neilfw
  Transportation costs and contract neilfw 7 3,560 03-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Jayof9s