This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the future goals of MekHQ?
I've used this application a few times and I love its potential.  Aside from bug fixes, what else is planned?
In the short term, the goal is to implement as much of the Repair and Salvage rules from StratOps as possible. I think once that is complete, then we can expand it into a more general campaign manager. Right now, I really need to finish up the repairs for non-Mech units and get a part purchasing dialog up and running.
I'd love to see a campaign manager, especially for ones against the bot like what Natit had.  I think Natit is on the dev team for MekHQ, right?
(02-22-2011, 11:22 PM)BATTLEMASTER link Wrote:I'd love to see a campaign manager, especially for ones against the bot like what Natit had.  I think Natit is on the dev team for MekHQ, right?

Yeah, sort of. He added a bunch of features about 9 months ago, but I haven't heard from him since.
Ditto.  I could see in five years this becoming something of the Grand Unified Battletech Game Management System with all the zooming in and out that Battleforce and the levels of granularity in IO promise.

I also want a pony.
Is there any estimate on when a new version is going to be released? I'd be happy to just keep the old setup for awhile if the game breaking bugs could be fixed.
Probably late spring/early summer.
I'm still bug hunting with it.  I can't help but notice that spammers have taken over MekHQ's bug tracker Sad
Can't wait for the new release. See so much promise in this program.
I noticed that thsi ap + meklab + megamek = a very well planned game.
megamek should incorporate mekhq and meklab in a single user interface.

I can see adding a universal dedicated chatroom for pickup games using say a ventrilo server as its basis.
plug in the game to connect each player suing the protocals it allows
save campaigns using mek hq complete with repairs, salvage and leveling up your techs pilots doctors. customizing your mechs using mechlab and having a monetary counter for cbills and salvage materials.

All this seems like a miles long list but in actuality it is just combining the three aps into a single user interface.

This game has very real possibilities and with a huge fanbase it could be turned into an overnight MMO success while making a few dollars on the side by a few im thinking on the lines of millions lol.....cost to user I could see coming from buying the software and purchase of things that make the game customized for each player. Distiguishing themselves on leaderboards,custom paintjobs for thier mechs, tempory bonuses, buying cbills, etc etc.
Just some ideas
SWP
Now just to do the work. Guess I need to brush up on Java.  I think I'll start with small stuff. In fact, I think the saying goes "A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step."  So that should do.  I only have the TW rulebook now, but I am planning to get the others. Then I can be more use.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the new release. I love playing campaigns but lack a way of fixing up my mechs after the battles. I used to use Mekhq and just run everything as GM using book rules but that stopped working a few versions of Megamek ago.

I'm behind you guys and am probably more excited about this project than I am about the retooling of megamek itself. There for awhile I was afraid you guys had forgotten about Mekhq. I'm now relieved to know that's not the case.
Hey love this program question tho.

Im assuming there are plans to be able to assign specific parts of the Toe to certain locations?

It looks like MekHQ currently only generates .MUL files with the selected units for a mission.  Are there plans to have it create full scenario files including appropriate terrain and opposing units, or do I misunderstand its purpose?
(08-10-2011, 02:07 AM)impatience link Wrote:It looks like MekHQ currently only generates .MUL files with the selected units for a mission.  Are there plans to have it create full scenario files including appropriate terrain and opposing units, or do I misunderstand its purpose?

Yeah, I would like to get to that point. I am not sure how quick or how valuable it would be though since you can do both of those things pretty simply in MM itself.
I too would love an ability to make scenario files on the fly.

I found this on google (http://www.drachensoft.com/html/mmsb.html.) and have been playing with it.  Doesn't appear to be very current but I have made a very basic scenario file but I think it would need work.  If I understand the license its freeware and open to modification.

I don't have any programming abilities but could it be a place to start? 

If I get in the mood to write a scenario generator, shall I put the code in MekHQ, MegaMek, or should it be standalone?
Any word on a Scenario editor? There does not seem to be any out there. I would also like to see one as part of MekHQ that would allow me to write a scenario for my campaign and launch it from MekHq
If we were to include the ability to select and organize an OpFor from within MekHQ, would there really be any need for an independent scenario editor?
(11-27-2012, 03:41 PM)Taharqa link Wrote:If we were to include the ability to select and organize an OpFor from within MekHQ, would there really be any need for an independent scenario editor?

That would work nicely for me.

Also given all the information that is in tracks in the Chaos Campaign system or with unit special ability is there any chance of something that would allow adjustments to Piloting/Gunnery/Tactics in each game?

For example:  The aerospace pilots of the Ninth Raven Wing Cluster are adept at ground-support missions and thus receive a –1 to-hit modifier for all attacks against ground targets