This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overworked Doctors
Is there a limit to how many patients a Doctor can have in MekHQ?
I tot it was 24 per Doctor?
25. I just had a battle where I took about 30ish injured prisoners (mostly infantry).
I can confirm it is 25. Not quite enough for a 28 man platoon to all be "under the weather" at the same time but close enough.
Yeah. We just had our first battle using infantry. Probably the quickest way to find your doctor's limits.
And count the number of limbs lost afterward  Tongue
(05-26-2016, 12:13 AM)pheonixstorm link Wrote: And count the number of limbs lost afterward  Tongue
Those don't goto the Doctor.  Those get retired.
I do appreciate that the expanded injuries option I developed (and tested by hand quite extensively before it was added to MekHQ) seems to get a lot of use.  8)
I still send em to the Dr for the simple reason that it is cheaper to buy them new limbs than replacing them with greenhorns, especially for my elite infantry units. Or pretty much any person who has years in service and has acquired rank, SPAs, or experience.

Also, they still go towards a doctors xp gain Wink
(05-27-2016, 10:47 PM)pheonixstorm link Wrote: I still send em to the Dr for the simple reason that it is cheaper to buy them new limbs than replacing them with greenhorns, especially for my elite infantry units. Or pretty much any person who has years in service and has acquired rank, SPAs, or experience.

Also, they still go towards a doctors xp gain Wink

That and lost legs barely even hamper infantry under my system. I probably should have made sure that it affects anti-mech, it was intended to. Even then, I rarely make use of anti-mech for my own infantry because they aren't likely to come back at all from that kind of combat. Now if they lose an arm or two, they suddenly are back to being on par or worse than a greenhorn though.

Combat is pretty brutal for infantry fighting against mech-scale weapons, which is why they're so much more prone to serious injury and lost limbs than MWs.
Speaking of artificial limbs, how does that work in MHQ?
Right now it doesn't. I have a new feature on my list so you can replace lost limbs to drop or eliminate the penalty. I think a lvl 1 replacement would drop it from a +3 to a +2. But a lvl 1 is more like a peg leg or hook/claw while lvl 3 is a myomer replacement. The types and costs are in aToW I think or maybe the companion I don't recall which.

I also wanted to add workplace injuries or sickness for daily/weekly stuff (from HB Merc 3055) but it would require a fair amount of work and A LOT of testing. So not sure if there is enough interest for it to justify the time required to create it.
(05-29-2016, 12:09 AM)txsoldier94 link Wrote: Speaking of artificial limbs, how does that work in MHQ?

While there is no automatic way to do this, these are the rules pertaining to permanent injuries.

Quote:Some permanent penalties can be removed or mitigated by receiving a replacement limb (bionic/prostethic or regrown if Clan). Clan regrowth takes 2-3 months and the penalty is reduced to +2, after 6 months it is reduced to  +1 and finally after a full year with the new limb there is 0 penalty. Bionics/prostethics can, after similar amounts of time to adapt to them, reduce penalties down to +2 or +1, depending on quality. The only permanent penalties that cannot be removed are from paralyzation and from CTE, as it is a degenerative condition with no treatment and actually represents one of many head injuries that cause a pilot to be unable to use a neurohelemt properly after significant head
trauma.

and this is from the ATB rules

Quote:Permanent Injuries

Sometimes a mechwarrior acquires a permanent injury during combat – those injuries are incurable with the exception of high tech medicine (bionics, genetic engineering, etc.). When outside of a contract and if the unit is currently located in a faction capital or hiring hall the mechwarrior can try to find a cure for his/her injury.

Once a month, when outside of a contract, spend 100.000 c-bills for each injury and roll a 1d6 – if the result is a 6 a possible cure was found. Roll a 2d6 to find the cost of the possible cure and multiply the result to 100.000 c-bills. Then roll another 1d6, if the result is 2 the cure did not work, if it is 1 the mechwarrior dies, otherwise the cure did work and the injury is gone.

If on Terra or Canopus IV add +1 to all rolls.

The expense is why I would never do this for a Soldier.  As heartless as it sounds Soldiers are alot easier to replace and even elite soldiers die way too easy.  Men are cheap.  Batlemechs are expensive.

As an aside I still don't like the CTE thing and would rather it be a damaged inner ear as that is a untreatable permanent head injury Grayson Carlyle gets that is essentially the same effect.  CTE would make a lot more sense if the game automatically checked for it every time you got a concussion.  But I digress...
(05-29-2016, 01:51 AM)pheonixstorm link Wrote: Right now it doesn't. I have a new feature on my list so you can replace lost limbs to drop or eliminate the penalty. I think a lvl 1 replacement would drop it from a +3 to a +2. But a lvl 1 is more like a peg leg or hook/claw while lvl 3 is a myomer replacement. The types and costs are in aToW I think or maybe the companion I don't recall which.

If you develop an add-on to my injury system, I'd prefer if you followed my rules for them (ThomasMarik posted them above). Other than Clan limb regrowth, none of the options should return full functionality. I didn't cover cost, mostly because the costs in the AToW companion were like 5000 c-bills and could be ignored at that point. I think I did something like 50k for basic, 250k for advanced but figured I would leave it up to individual players to determine.
Well that goes against ruledom lol Just don't tell the Tau Zombies those prosthetics don't give them full functionality then, they might get mad at you.
(05-31-2016, 07:24 PM)pheonixstorm link Wrote: Well that goes against ruledom lol Just don't tell the Tau Zombies those prosthetics don't give them full functionality then, they might get mad at you.

What rules does it go against? As far as I'm aware, there aren't actual rules for lost limbs that translate well to TW play.

Also, my rules really didn't account for cybernetics of the level available to the Word of Blake. They probably should, but that level of hardware really isn't available to anyone else in the Battletech universe, until potentially after the Word fell. So that would still put it at Level 1 (cheap) prosthetic, Level 2 (good) cyber/myomer, and Level 3 being Clan regrown limbs OR WoB level-cybernetics, either way the level 3 options should be extremely limited to certain factions.
I think I like the idea of free good cybernetics that it takes time doing rehab and getting used too. Then if I want The advanced stuff I can do the expensive rolls.

It'll take a little micro but I'm willing to work with it. That's part of the beauty of the mekhq rules. You are free to house rule to your preference. Still automation is also nice. ?
aToW goes into detail about it but there are 6 prosthetic levels. Lvl 6 is Clan cloning, 5 is lost SL/CS tech, 4 is generally available, the rest have a lesser affect.
Quote:Meanwhile, a Type 4 or 5
prosthetic foot would function just as well as any flesh-and-blood
original as far as game play is concerned
Any chance this is being implemented in a release in the near future?
Nothing on the radar at this time. The dev that did the medical overhaul has left the project. Best to open a RFE on the tracker (link in my sig) and reference this thread about the prosthetics.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Assign Patients to Doctors Nethaniel 11 3,286 10-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Jayof9s
  M.A.S.H Units and Doctors... ralgith 3 2,985 10-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Last Post: ralgith