This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding aspecial ability?
In Campaign Options - Special abilities is it possible for me to define a new special ability to add to this list?

I'm wanting got add the "Ivan Cross' ability which allows you to attack with two hatchets if your mech had two hatchets.  It would be similar, but less powerful, than the Melee Master ability. 

As a bonus question.  Does Melee Master also apply to Hatchets?
Only those abilities coded into MegaMek from A Time of War and a few unofficial options such as Cluster Master are usable. If it isn't listed in HQ In the main SPA tab or the Add Another SPA dialog it isn't a part of MM/HQ

The only way to get custom SPAs into the game is to code them in, and its not as easy as it looks Tongue
In the next release there will be a few more such as
Foot Cavalry
Urban Guerrilla
Forward Observer
and Eagle's Eyes

Also, not everything in the SPA tab is an actual SPA. Items such as Natural Aptitude Piloting/Gunnery and Gunnery Specialization are a trait and skill respectively.
ok.  I'll just use Melee Master for now.  It's not quite what I'm after but it'll work in a pinch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding mechs to the RAT cowboy 7 3,068 01-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Last Post: pfarland
  Adding Planets pheonixstorm 2 1,268 12-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Last Post: pheonixstorm
  Adding my old units into MekHQ Groggy1 3 1,729 01-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Arkaris
  Adding Mek quirks silmeril 7 3,199 01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s