This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use "change site" option
It looks like I can change a mech site to "factory" and have huge bonuses to any technical job or to "in the field" for an opposite effect.

I guess it needs some home rules to make this option any sense, and here is my question: where I can find the rules or how to create them.

I have no background in tabletop Battletech and I play BT only by MegaMek and MekHQ and just since a week.
Those rules are present in the Tech Manual, and they are there to assist, or deter repairs for forces. Typically you will know in a scenario where your base of operations is. Do you not have one? (In the Field) Or are you guarding Hesperus II's factory lines and the company has given you access to repair/refit in those facilities? (Factory) On a Dropship, en route? (Transport Bay) There are a lot more options that may or may not be implemented, like working in the dark, or zero-g. But its typically up to the GM to determine what modifiers are in place.
Finally I have found the hidden "\docs\AtB Stuff\Official AtB TT Rules 2.31.xls" file and there is a nice and clear rule:

In the Field - Guerilla and all Raid-type contracts.
Field Workshop - Planetary Assault, Relief Duty and Pirate Hunting.
Transport Bay - Remaining contract types and when not in a contract.
Maintenance Facility - B Rating mercs when not in a contract.
Factory - A Rating mercs when not in a contract.

And more rules if mercs have their own dropship.
(08-13-2018, 04:20 PM)Sidewinder Wrote: Those rules are present in the Tech Manual, and they are there to assist, or deter repairs for forces. Typically you will know in a scenario where your base of operations is. Do you not have one? (In the Field) Or are you guarding Hesperus II's factory lines and the company has given you access to repair/refit in those facilities? (Factory) On a Dropship, en route? (Transport Bay) There are a lot more options that may or may not be implemented, like working in the dark, or zero-g. But its typically up to the GM to determine what modifiers are in place.

The real difficult assessment is where the boundary line between "Transport Bay" and "Maintenance Facility" is. AtB's documentation doesn't really match the text there. I'd STRONGLY recommend Maintenance Facility being available when in a contract with sustained reasonable access to an industrial infrastructure, operating out of a fixed location (like a Garrison, Security, or Cadre on any kind of decent planet).
That's where things get interesting. The rules in Tech Manual state that if you are at a factory that doesn't produce your unit type, eg, a Tank factory, any tanks can be repaired as if in a Factory, but all other units are treated as if at a Maintenance Facility. Now, there's also fluff within TRO:3057 that states that some DropShips (The Union and the Overlord are two that are mentioned), have Mech Repair facilities in their Transport Bay. So is that a Transport Bay, or is that a Maintenance Facility? Best case scenario when you are dealing with that stuff, is to use your head on that. If you are doing a Security Contract, then likely you are at a Maintenance Facility or better. You can change the location of any non-mothballed unit in the hangar, just change it to match where you think you should be.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question on where the MM game option is located? tetsuo 2 943 01-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: tetsuo
  Feature request: randomize portrait option in personel tab Groggy1 1 904 12-31-2016, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Neoancient
  Lance movement option Nimrod0616 7 2,653 07-31-2014, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Arlith