This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekHQ - AtB - Unit Market
Hi,

I'm trying to reconcile what AtB is generating in the unit market with what it says in the rules.

For example, AtB rules says the merc market generates (1d6-3)*3; and it says all vehicle markets generate an extra unit. Based on that I gather, it makes 2 rolls one for meks and a 2nd roll for vehicles.

And for the merc market for example, on a given roll it should generate:

1 : 0 meks / 0 vehicle
2 : 0 meks / 0 vehicle
3 : 0 meks / 1 vehicle
4 : 3 meks / 4 vehicles
5 : 6 meks / 7 vehicles
6 : 9 meks / 10 vehicles

Is that right?

Yet its showing me 4 Meks in the mercenary market (and 4 tanks, but that at least seems possible).
The other markets similarly don't line up; the black market has 1 mek and 0 vehicles. I can't figure out how the mek count is possible; as how do you get 1 mek from (d6-3)x2?

I gather I'm missing another modifier but I'm not sure what?
The dice rolls within the code look correct. The only thing I noticed that may be eliminating possible units is that if the RAT generator comes up with a unit that you're not allowed to buy (because you have "limit units by year" turned on, or you're a clanner and IS unit purchases aren't allowed and vice versa), it doesn't reroll it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  45.0 Personnel Market illrede 2 1,241 08-06-2018, 07:46 PM
Last Post: illrede
  AtB Unit Market SirMegaV 4 1,871 03-23-2015, 05:49 AM
Last Post: SirMegaV
  Need advice on how to organize a unit in MekHQ DaddyHolby 4 2,392 10-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Last Post: DaddyHolby