This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
simple question
I was running an old mekwars server but it finally crashed so me an my kids decided to try this out but I have a few question.

One we found in version 45.4. we can load meks with battle damage add techs fix damage an all. 

pretty neat really.

my question

1. is can we add the units back into megamek in a mul file too play again once there fixed?

2. will mekhq level an or add skills once you import the after action report.

3.will this add  battle damage and salvage back into the hekhq?

Or do we have to setup missions through mekhq.

were basically trying too use mekhq as a book keeper otherwise we have to use pen an paper too keep track of things.

also does each person need there own copy of mekhq or can we have a say server one that everyone connects too with all the megamek options we use loaded.
Hi, MekHQ is pretty complex and simple answers might not work. I'd suggested having a look a some of the videos on YouTube. While a year old these are very well done. Links below.

1) Yes, or you can build a mission in MekHQ launch Megamek from MekHQ. When in Megamek you can add the opfor and let either a player, or a bot.

2) In the resolution phase you import the units back into MekHQ. Depending on how you set up experience in MekHQ you can buy skills.

3) Yes, it's one of the biggest draws of MekHQ is how it allows you manage a unit including contracts and salvage. The system even allows the chance for unit members to have kids.

We have had players use MekHQ to manage their TT game but it's trickier and takes manual editting of campaign files.

I would recommend having a look here as well - https://megamek.org/bb/thread-252.html and this thread https://megamek.org/bb/thread-2149.html