This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piloting Skill Roll
MM Version is 0.35.25
The Scorpion got an actuator hit in the right front leg and anotherone in the left front leg (the rear legs were ok).
This was the roll:

Scorpion SCP-1N (Princess) must make 3 piloting skill roll(s) (leg/foot actuator hit; leg/foot actuator hit; 20+ damage).
The base target is 5 [5 (Base piloting skill) - 2 (Quad bonus) + 1 (Front Right Leg Lower Leg Actuator destroyed) + 1 (Front Left Leg Lower Leg Actuator destroyed)].
    Roll #1, (5 (Base piloting skill) - 2 (Quad bonus) + 1 (Front Right Leg Lower Leg Actuator destroyed) + 1 (Front Left Leg Lower Leg Actuator destroyed) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 8, rolls 7 : falls.
    Scorpion SCP-1N (Princess) falls on its right side, suffering 6 damage.

is this correct? each actuator hit counts twice?
i'm not really familiar with TW, so just asking... *shrug*

nm

5+1+1+1 is mostly 8 *selfbonk*
I think this is actually a bug.
I don´t think it´s a bug. 1 modifier per actuator hit is for the event triggering the PSR, the other is for (newly) existing damage making the PSR harder.

The latter is what you see in the "The base target is..." line, and the first two modifiers after the Quad bonus in the PSR calculation. The former (plus ANOTHER modifier, for the PSR caused by taking 20+ damage) are the last three modifiers.

As for if 8 is the correct target number, I defer to your expertise. I´m an economist, and such small numbers are difficult for me. ;D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BattleArmor and Small Arms Skill ErikModi 2 1,087 11-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Last Post: ErikModi
  Skill Increases in MechHQ? Jingo 2 977 03-22-2019, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Jingo
  Pilot skill roll after jumping with destroyed leg Panoramix 3 1,483 11-15-2015, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Panoramix
  NatAp: Piloting, not calculating properly? 0.41.6 Hythos 5 1,973 09-20-2015, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Hythos
  Nat Ap: Piloting? (or other skills) Hythos 7 2,528 10-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Hythos
  Iron Man Skill SirMegaV 2 1,268 09-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Last Post: SirMegaV