This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poll: Is this a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good idea
100.00%
2 100.00%
Bad idea
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unofficial Artillery Cannons (suggestion)
This post is intended to put feelers out for thoughts from others before posting on GH.

The group I play with and myself have long been dissatisfied with the canon Artillery Cannons. Nothing in their descriptions or other stats (TacOps, and yes I've seen the Errata) suggests that their damage should be lower than the full Artillery Pieces that share their names. As the current implementation in MegaMek is Canon, I obviously wouldn't ask for it to be changed. Instead I propose a set of Unofficial Tech Level weapons which use the same damage profiles as the full Artillery. As it stands, the only Artillery Cannon which retains any splash damage beyond the impact hex is the Long Tom. I don't even believe that these Unofficial Cannons will be at all overpowered considering how rarely these Cannons are employed and the massive cost to the mounting unit in space and weight.

Thank everyone in advance for any feedback on this idea, and I would be happy to answer any questions about it. Smile
This forums have extremely low traffic and doubtful you'll get any meaningful response.

Also we are extremely reluctant to add unofficial rules and equipment. Every piece adds increased complexity and potential for issues. So while your welcome to open your RFE understand that it isn't going to be something happening anytime soon or ever.
That's fair. I just thought there was a chance since there are a few examples of unofficial equipment already. Well, if I do somehow get some support for the idea, maybe I'll just make the time to do it myself.

Thanks for the response, and I look forward to the future releases. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unofficial Rules: MGs / Flamers riddleofsteele 11 4,324 07-31-2013, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Torren
  Unofficial rule for indirect fire DaddyHolby 2 1,963 12-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Last Post: DaddyHolby