This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekHQ status and your help needed
For those who didn't see my post on the CBT forums, I want to assure everyone that after a lengthy hiatus due to the birth of my second child, I am back to working on MHQ and we should have a release out before Christmas with lots of yummy features like a parts store, in-game unit customization, the ability to start up a game of MegaMek from within MHQ rather than transporting MUL files, and more.

One of the new features is a proper startup and loading screen when you first start MHQ. Unfortunately, I have no art to go along with these screens so right now I have a fundraising drive going to commission an excellent artist to produce two beautiful pieces of art for our use.  So if you have ever wanted to help out MHQ but didn't know how, this is your chance!

For more details and the donation page, follow this link:

Admin. Edit
Funding completed.

First congrats for your second child. Wish you and your family the very best.
Second: cant wait for the new release, sounds really good.
Third: Why not ask the community first to make some pictures. There are so many talented people around here (take the unit icons for example, they are very tough to make and we got so many awesome new icons).
I am sure this will yield some good results and you would save quite some money.
Congrats on the new child! Mine turns 10 on the 22nd Smile

As for MekHQ... Just please fix the following:
TO&E collapse bug
TO&E Ghost unit bugs (There are multiple ways to end up with ghost units of course)
Cockpit Crit bug
Salvage Bugs

I'm not worried about any new features (well, parts store would be nice... but I could care less about the rest. Especially launching MM from MekHQ since I normally want HQ closed to save memory) and would rather have existing bugs fixed.
similar thoughts came to my mind, too Wink to make useful improvements you have to have a solid basis. And that means to get rid of some really headache-giving bugs. Multiple-spare-part-selling is another thing I really like to see.
Oh, and of course congratulations to you. I hope your wife and kids are fine Smile
I plan on fixing some of the big bugs, but this is not going to be primarily a bug-fix release. However, once this release is out I will be working towards a stable for future releases and so there will not be as many new features.
(11-11-2011, 11:34 PM)Taharqa link Wrote: I plan on fixing some of the big bugs, but this is not going to be primarily a bug-fix release. However, once this release is out I will be working towards a stable for future releases and so there will not be as many new features.

I'm desperate for the TO&E Collapse one because I'm currently managing multiple regiment and larger units so I spend waste tons of time re-expanding the TO&E Sad
Same for the ghost units. Yes I remove them manually from the xml save instead of rebuilding the whole lance... but still a lot of time wasted Wink

Regardless, we do appreciate all your hard work! Thanks!
Congrats on the child.  I mentioned over on CBT that I will be happy to donate when I can I just have some problems right now.  But I am stoked about a new version of the MekHQ
I have a friend who is a trained artist (his degree is in computer animation, I think). He's an old Battletech fan and sometimes looks for opportunities to contribute artwork where it is needed by the community. I'll give him a ring, if you're still looking for help, that is.

Robert Lithgow
RLithgo@law.jmls.edu
Dig'n up the one thread I've seen about donations, it seems a bit old.

I just wanted to ask if this is still an option? Or is there a different mechanism to submit a donation...
Thanks in advance!
(10-08-2014, 09:30 PM)Hythos link Wrote: Dig'n up the one thread I've seen about donations, it seems a bit old.

I just wanted to ask if this is still an option? Or is there a different mechanism to submit a donation...
Thanks in advance!

We appreciate your support, however the Megamek/MekHQ/Megamek Lab group of programs cannot accept donations.

This thread was specifically to fund some art assets but that goal was achieved nearly 3 years ago and there is nothing similar on going.

At the moment, the best way to help is to just provide (detailed) reports for any bugs you encounter, if you can't contribute other ways.  Wink
Given the age of the thread and the fact the funding was reached I'm going to lock this to prevent future confusion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help in setting up a "Story Campaign" needed David555 0 159 01-30-2021, 04:44 PM
Last Post: David555
  How do you assign officer status? trtw 2 1,705 03-28-2015, 01:41 AM
Last Post: trtw
  Password needed for the vehicle files to download the latest version 3.8 saracen 7 3,104 01-22-2015, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Saberuneko
  Clarification on damage status markers MagnusEffect 6 2,807 08-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Last Post: MagnusEffect