This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tech limits in MekHQ
I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong here or if it's just incomplete data. I'm trying to do a 3025  IS campaign just for oldschool fun. I have limit by year turned on, max tech level set to standard. The Buy Parts list is still showing goodies like MMLs, ER lasers, things like that that shouldn't be out until the 3050's at the earliest.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug/incomplete data?
Megamek is using the year that they first appeared. Specifically the Star League era.
Actually, standard includes all of the 'tournament legal' tech - we really should add an option for 'basic' or 'starter' whatever you want to call it.

Currently weapons/equipment don't have introdates in MM/MHQ so it does not consider that at all. I think adding intro dates/availability from TechManual and other sources is planned however.
Gotcha, I kind of had a feeling that was what was going on. Is it just a matter of getting the intro dates entered? I would be glad to help if that is the case.
I just implemented an "intro" tech level which should get you 3SW level-tech. I have noticed some funny stuff going on in the parts store with it though, so it needs some fine-tuning. Hopefully, all will be squared away for 0.1.17 at the end of the week.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Class Limits? innocenteric 7 2,279 02-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Groggy1