This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Mek quirks
Is there a way to add quirks to a custom mek without having to select them each megamek game?
add quirks via the hangar
I've tried that and then saved the campaign, but every time I reliad the campaign, the quirks are gone on my custom meks. All the canon meks have their quirks just fine though. How do I add the quirks and make them stick?
(01-13-2013, 10:54 AM)silmeril link Wrote: I've tried that and then saved the campaign, but every time I reliad the campaign, the quirks are gone on my custom meks. All the canon meks have their quirks just fine though. How do I add the quirks and make them stick?

You should report that as a bug, because MHQ should be remembering any added quirks.  As a work-around, though, you can add entries to the defaultQuirks.xml file (under mmconf).
hmmm... add the quirk to the mek file then, as above.  Now you're making me wonder if my quirks haven't been sticking...
They stick just fine - though you have turn quirks on in both the MHQ campaign file and the megamek settings that you set through MHQ for the individual campaign. Without both turned on you can add quirks but they won't save.
That was the issue. I never went into the Megamek settings in MekHQ. Never even though that I needed too. I just reset all my game settings when I started a megamek game from MekHQ. Now I shouldn't have to do that. Thanks for pointing that out to me Smile
(01-22-2013, 02:44 PM)silmeril link Wrote: That was the issue. I never went into the Megamek settings in MekHQ. Never even though that I needed too. I just reset all my game settings when I started a megamek game from MekHQ. Now I shouldn't have to do that. Thanks for pointing that out to me Smile

No problem, it is far from obvious and I ran into issues with it myself for a while when it first got added several releases back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding aspecial ability? ThomasMarik 2 1,171 05-21-2016, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ThomasMarik
  Adding mechs to the RAT cowboy 7 3,065 01-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Last Post: pfarland
  Adding Planets pheonixstorm 2 1,268 12-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Last Post: pheonixstorm
  Adding my old units into MekHQ Groggy1 3 1,727 01-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Arkaris
  Quirks Madcow9000 4 1,954 01-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Last Post: ralgith