This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding my old units into MekHQ
Hello MegaMek world!

Yeah, another old-timer finally discovered MegaMek.  Well, that's not COMPLETELY true, I used it a LONG time ago. Back then, there was no MekLab or MekHQ. And therin lies my question:

How do I add my PnP merc units into MekHQ to continue their rampage across the inner sphere electronically? I'm sure the information is SOMEwhere on this forum, but I'm not finding it.

Thanks for the help!
Create them using MML and save them somewhere under [MHQ install]/data/mechfiles.  I created a folder named "custom" under there for mine and futher sort them by type (mech, vee, asf, etc).  From there, MHQ will have access to them for purchasing.  If you want them to be available as refits in MHQ, I believe you have to add them to the OfficialUnitList.txt file.
How about my pilots?

Essentially, I'd like to port my PnP merc game straight into MM and keep going this way (and even the Bot is a better opponent than none at all...)
The only way to do the pilots is to hire them through the market and use the gm edit function to set their skills to exactly what they have.  Then assign each pilot their mech.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding aspecial ability? ThomasMarik 2 1,171 05-21-2016, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ThomasMarik
  Adding mechs to the RAT cowboy 7 3,062 01-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Last Post: pfarland
  Adding Planets pheonixstorm 2 1,267 12-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Last Post: pheonixstorm
  Purchasing Units; mechs.zip file not the same in mekhq vs megamek tservello92 5 2,344 10-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Xenon54z
  Adding Mek quirks silmeril 7 3,194 01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s
  Customizing units in MekHQ? RotaryRockStar 2 2,505 05-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Taharqa